The Student Room Group

Do you think A-level AQA Chemistry grade boundaries will go up this year? *2018*

Just wondering what you guys thought?

I found paper 1 okay
paper 2 was easy but i made so many silly mistakes
paper 3 was okay not too good but not too bad (the mcqs were very easy)

I looked at the AS grade boundaries and they roughly seemed to be the same for 2016 and 2017. Do you think it will be the same for the A-levels in 2017 and 2018?
Having sat the paper in 2017 and in 2018, resitting ofc. I would say paper 1 was harder this year, and last year there was an error which gifted a free 2 marks to every candidate. However that was also the first sitting so I believe the boundaries for Paper 1 will be lower if not the same for an A, perhaps a little lower or the Same for an A*. As far as paper 2 goes, I would say it was a tad easier, so maybe slightly higher for an A lets say 75/105 compared to 72/105 in 2017. Paper 3 the multiple choice was easier, but the remainder was harder in my opinion, and less predictable than 2017 paper 3. I think boundaries will be around 63 for an A. In my opinion, I think the boundaries will go up to approx 215 for an A. Obviously I'm just guessing, I could be wrong. What do you think?
Original post by MedReapp2019
Just wondering what you guys thought?

I found paper 1 okay
paper 2 was easy but i made so many silly mistakes
paper 3 was okay not too good but not too bad (the mcqs were very easy)

I looked at the AS grade boundaries and they roughly seemed to be the same for 2016 and 2017. Do you think it will be the same for the A-levels in 2017 and 2018?

slightly lower
Original post by theowinn
Having sat the paper in 2017 and in 2018, resitting ofc. I would say paper 1 was harder this year, and last year there was an error which gifted a free 2 marks to every candidate. However that was also the first sitting so I believe the boundaries for Paper 1 will be lower if not the same for an A, perhaps a little lower or the Same for an A*. As far as paper 2 goes, I would say it was a tad easier, so maybe slightly higher for an A lets say 75/105 compared to 72/105 in 2017. Paper 3 the multiple choice was easier, but the remainder was harder in my opinion, and less predictable than 2017 paper 3. I think boundaries will be around 63 for an A. In my opinion, I think the boundaries will go up to approx 215 for an A. Obviously I'm just guessing, I could be wrong. What do you think?

I was thinking about 206-214 for an A this year

Quick Reply

Latest