The Student Room Group

Two job offers from CS - thoughts?

I applied and was recently given a provisional offer for the Asylum Decision Maker role with a start date being no earlier than Sep/Oct 2018. I have applied for other CS roles with the intention of eventually transferring to the Asylum role as I am currently seeking work having worked abroad for 2 years.

I currently have a formal offer for a HMRC EO role which has a £1.5k higher salary than the Asylum role, although it is a FTC for 18mths with a view to a permanent contract. The start date is in 3 weeks.

Anybody who works/worked in the Civil Service know if I will be able to transfer to the Asylum role from the HMRC within 2-5 months depending when the start date comes through? If so, how easy is it to facilitate?
They can't stop you moving so long as you give notice. They won't be happy and you will have cost them time and money bringing you up to speed, but all they can do there is be unimpressed.

This is only true because both are external. If one was internal then they absolutely could block you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending