The Student Room Group

LADS- I am in need of dire help, study help!!!!!

So I can't seem to do any form of studying without procrastinating a minute in. That leads to the whole me having a crisis over the time I wasted binge watching useless sh*t on youtube.

So, how do I achieve peak concentration and focus? Seriously I've tried and failed so many damn times that it's literally eating at my mental sta*e. Hook me up with the goods.
Caffeine really helps with my concentration. Have u given it a go?
Go on the youtubes and type in 'relaxing study music' or 'relaxing waves' or rainfall, whatever it is you like best.

Play one of those and do your reading and studying.

If this doesn't work well, you're **** out of luck.
Original post by AspiringAccount
So I can't seem to do any form of studying without procrastinating a minute in. That leads to the whole me having a crisis over the time I wasted binge watching useless sh*t on youtube.

So, how do I achieve peak concentration and focus? Seriously I've tried and failed so many damn times that it's literally eating at my mental sta*e. Hook me up with the goods.

Pomodoro technique. It works wonders.

Download the forest app on your phone too.
Reply 4

If this ain't me😭😂 I have to keep changing techniques, but in the end, I always end up cramming days before the test.

Essay-wise, i found that timing myself works great. Other things... Lol

I wish there was a class in schools teaching kids how to study lmao
Reply 5
Every time you choose to get distracted (yes, it's a choice), ask yourself why. Any delay can get you to reconsider.
Original post by CartoonSoldier
Caffeine really helps with my concentration. Have u given it a go?

I've tried it but all it seems to do is worsen my acne and give me energy for like a solid 10 minutes.
Original post by nocturnalangel
Go on the youtubes and type in 'relaxing study music' or 'relaxing waves' or rainfall, whatever it is you like best.

Play one of those and do your reading and studying.

If this doesn't work well, you're **** out of luck.

Nah lad. That sh*T always giving me nightmares. I hear that sh*t when i'm tryna sleep. So guess i'm out of luck.
Original post by Silentpercp2
Pomodoro technique. It works wonders.

Download the forest app on your phone too.

I've tried it but maybe I just need to better discipline myself. I'll use em.
Original post by Sinnoh
Every time you choose to get distracted (yes, it's a choice), ask yourself why. Any delay can get you to reconsider.

You right. It's just my mental state got other plans.
maybe try studying somewhere else? like a library or a cafe or even just a different room in your house.
Original post by candydarling
maybe try studying somewhere else? like a library or a cafe or even just a different room in your house.

Social anxiety takes it's toll with the outdoors approach although I did do significantly more studying when I studied in another room so you're onto something there. Nice one.
Social anxiety takes it's toll with the outdoors approach although I did do significantly more studying when I studied in another room so you're onto something there. Nice one.

ayy glad that helped. hope your social anxiety gets better someday!
Its the summer tf are you studying for
Original post by DarthRoar
Its the summer tf are you studying for

Homeschooling's a b*tch....

Quick Reply

Latest