The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Afraid of going homeless

Still looking for a room in the midst of the housing crisis in Scotland. Followed and approached literally anyone offering suitable rooms on town house-search groups, Spare Room, Campusboard etc....nothing comes back positive. I almost secured a flat two weeks ago, but failed due to technical issues.

My current hall contract will end in late August and despite the school promising to help us out, I am not sure how successful it'd be.

I know a lot of folks are on the same boat and am not meant to downplay the plight of others, but the situation is getting more and more dire.
Reply 1
Anyone knowing what the best course of action is?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone knowing what the best course of action is?

Is there any change you may be able to go home when your current contract ends? Or is this not an option for you?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Is there any change you may be able to go home when your current contract ends? Or is this not an option for you?

No, I won't go home. Home is not an option.
I'm in the same position and it is difficult. In previous years, the university has been a bit better at communicating in the summer about accommodation, but apart from the accommodation tracker on MySaint, it has been radio silence which has annoyed me a lot. Hopefully, all their promises of getting more university-managed accommodation actually result in fewer students being homeless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending