The Student Room Group

CIE to Edexcel?

Hello,
So, Yesterday I got my CIE AS level results and it wasn't at all what I was expecting. I took Maths, Chemsitry and Biology.
I got:
MATHS- E
BIO - D
CHEM D

So, I will have to retake but the thing is, I Am not sure if I can really improve by resetting in oct/Nov within 2 months time and have a significant impact on my results.
I wanted to know, will it be a good idea to change the board and go for Edexcel as a private candidate which take examination on January, perfect time for me! And then give A level on June ? Is it possible or too much to ask for?? Because I really want to give my A level by June next year.
What do you think, what is the best for me?
Original post by FrostMan
Hello,
So, Yesterday I got my CIE AS level results and it wasn't at all what I was expecting. I took Maths, Chemsitry and Biology.
I got:
MATHS- E
BIO - D
CHEM D

So, I will have to retake but the thing is, I Am not sure if I can really improve by resetting in oct/Nov within 2 months time and have a significant impact on my results.
I wanted to know, will it be a good idea to change the board and go for Edexcel as a private candidate which take examination on January, perfect time for me! And then give A level on June ? Is it possible or too much to ask for?? Because I really want to give my A level by June next year.

This is entirely up to your capabilities.
Reply 2
Original post by FrostMan
Hello,
I got:
MATHS- E
BIO - D
CHEM D

Don't assume that Edexcel and CIE syllabuses are same. They might be similar but it is possible that there are still several differences in them.

Quick Reply

Latest