The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

HELP: RESULTS Loughborough vs Liverpool Choice

Closed.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by JXN

I’m Currently holding an offer for Loughborough for Computer Science. I havent visited the university. They have a nice campus through pics and videos etc and stats. The Average Starting Salary is £28K after graduate (good). But the City is dead and it seems like its in a bubble by looking at the location.

I’ve visited University of Liverpool and i liked the atmosphere and how the Uni was tied to the city and love the busy vibe coming from the City. But the course isn’t as supreme on the ranks compared to Loughborough. Plus, the salary is £23.5k graduate start. The social life is amazing and i love that its more diverse and more equal (gender). The aesthetics of Uni of Liv buildings look better imo.

I like both options, they have their ups and downs... quite decisive rn.

And im not much much of a sporty person. I like sports and playing sports but not intense as what it seems like people say, stating it like “being in the england team”

Thank You!

Heya! Just letting you know I've popped your thread in the Uni of Liverpool forum + left some links in Loughborough and UCAS. Hopefully the community will be able to give you some advice soon! :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by JXN

I’m Currently holding an offer for Loughborough for Computer Science. I havent visited the university. They have a nice campus through pics and videos etc and stats. The Average Starting Salary is £28K after graduate (good). But the City is dead and it seems like its in a bubble by looking at the location.

I’ve visited University of Liverpool and i liked the atmosphere and how the Uni was tied to the city and love the busy vibe coming from the City. But the course isn’t as supreme on the ranks compared to Loughborough. Plus, the salary is £23.5k graduate start. The social life is amazing and i love that its more diverse and more equal (gender). The aesthetics of Uni of Liv buildings look better imo.

And im not much much of a sporty person. I like sports and playing sports but not intense as what it seems like people say, stating it like “being in the england team”

Thank You!

Liverpool all the way. Visited Lboro too, good uni but not what I wanted. Town was dead and campus wasn't great
Reply 3
Original post by NKSSSSS09
Liverpool all the way. Visited Lboro too, good uni but not what I wanted. Town was dead and campus wasn't great

Thank You! Just what i needed... but what else do you like about liverpool compared to loughborough?

Hows the environment on a normal uni day (assuming you go there :s-smilie:).

A few of my mates say Liverpool as well.
Original post by JXN

Thank You!

Hi JXN,

The uni you decide to go to is always down to personal choice, honestly.

Loughborough has an impressive campus with amazing facilities, and we have been awarded Gold, the top accolade, in the national Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).

But, Loughborough is a small town, so if you're looking for a busy city then Liverpool is probably a better fit for you. People who come to come here do so because they are after that bubble, campus feeling. It's a very friendly community here you'll see loads of familiar faces on campus from day to day.

In regards to the sports culture at Loughborough, you definitely don't have to be a professional. I'm a third year student here and, trust me, I'm far from it! :lol: In first year, I joined the Beginners Running club and found people that had a similar level of interest in sport to me. There are loads of recreational sporting activities to get involved in. :smile:

However, it is all down to personal choice. If you would feel more comfortable in a lively city, then Liverpool is for you. It's less about league tables with uni choices, and more about atmosphere, I've found.

You're more likely to excel academically in a place where you're more comfortable.

Hope this helps.

Priya :smile:
Original post by JXN
Thank You! Just what i needed... but what else do you like about liverpool compared to loughborough?

Hows the environment on a normal uni day (assuming you go there :s-smilie:).

A few of my mates say Liverpool as well.

Loughborough is a fantastic uni, but I had to weigh the pros and cons, I get claustrophobic easily in small towns / campuses so I went with Liverpool. I'm going into second year now and I honestly made the best choice. The uni is basically in the heart of the city. Whenever you want you can go into town after a lecture. The uni days are so relaxed and the city is so easy going! Its a wonderful place,
Original post by JXN

Thank You!

We are biased but Liverpool all the way! We are a compact bustling, multicultural city! I can see why you are thinking about starting salaries after graduation but you also have to spend 3 years living somewhere!
Im thinking of transferring from Loughborough to Liverpool, any thoughts? I never really planned on going to loughborough but ended up doing so, had I visited before deciding to go there I wouldve never gone. I find Loughborough a dead end and quite a bubbly place which im not a fan of and I would much prefer to live in a city, I hope liverpool is the place for me
I’m from Liverpool and I can tell you it’s impossible to get tired of this city it’s an amazing place to live
Original post by Anonymous
Im thinking of transferring from Loughborough to Liverpool, any thoughts? I never really planned on going to loughborough but ended up doing so, had I visited before deciding to go there I wouldve never gone. I find Loughborough a dead end and quite a bubbly place which im not a fan of and I would much prefer to live in a city, I hope liverpool is the place for me

I would 10000% do it!! Liverpools fantastic, I never get bored of the city! Theres so much to do! I
Lets hope liverpool lets me transfer
Original post by NKSSSSS09
I would 10000% do it!! Liverpools fantastic, I never get bored of the city! Theres so much to do! I

Original post by olivia.francesca
I’m from Liverpool and I can tell you it’s impossible to get tired of this city it’s an amazing place to live
Hey, PM me, I transferred to Liverpool and can help with the process.

Original post by Anonymous
Lets hope liverpool lets me transfer
Go lufburuh they have a higher student satisfaction rating :smile:
Original post by JXN

Thank You!

You must remember that the average starting salary will not apply to you once you graduate and you'll likely earn less. To me, it sounds like you prefer the University of Liverpool, judging by your satisfaction of Liverpool. I have visited Loughborough University when I was at your stage and the campus is quite large and nice. The facilities are amazing and the sports culture is out there. It's a campus university so you won't get the city feeling that you're looking for. In regards to the social life/night life, I don't know much about it so I won't comment but it seems like Liverpool has the upper hand in that. All in all, my suggestion is to go where you think you'll most enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending