The Student Room Group

What should I do?

I want to study medicine in the future and I did reasonably good overall for my GCSEs. However I got a 5 in English Language and I worried that I can't study medicine because most uni wants a 6 for English language. Should I get my papers remarked or resit the exams. Please help cause I am freaking out cause I don't want to give up on my ambition
Original post by 13croy
I want to study medicine in the future and I did reasonably good overall for my GCSEs. However I got a 5 in English Language and I worried that I can't study medicine because most uni wants a 6 for English language. Should I get my papers remarked or resit the exams. Please help cause I am freaking out cause I don't want to give up on my ambition

I'd get them remarked or if that comes back and your grade hasn't changed, re-sit the exam. Make sure it's an early re-sit though, like Nov-Jan time.
I relate so much I got a B in biology when I have been working at A* the last two years, even tho I have straight A*’s otherwise. I would get it remarked and then if it doesn’t go up resit it in November. But just to point out, a lot of unis especially in medicine highly dislike resits. Just as a heads up but i would do whatever you think it best in the long run.
Reply 3
Original post by Neeka999
I relate so much I got a B in biology when I have been working at A* the last two years, even tho I have straight A*’s otherwise. I would get it remarked and then if it doesn’t go up resit it in November. But just to point out, a lot of unis especially in medicine highly dislike resits. Just as a heads up but i would do whatever you think it best in the long run.

But don't a lot of unis highly dislike resits for A-levels and not for GCSEs?
Original post by 13croy
But don't a lot of unis highly dislike resits for A-levels and not for GCSEs?

I’m not 100% sure but I have heard that unis are very particular and strict when it comes to medicine for both GCSE and A-Level results because of how competitive it is but then again it could be fine. I’d just double check with unis you may be interested with if it’s fine, maybe on their websites.

Quick Reply

Latest