The Student Room Group

A-Level Choices, I think I've changed my Mind :(

Hello! I'm currently sitting my GCSEs and am due to start A-levels next year. My current choices are Biology, Maths, History and Media Studies (intending to do history as an as-level) and I picked these at the start of the year when I wasn't really sure in what I wanted to do in uni. Now, I've shifted towards wanting to a biomedical degree (hopefully at a russel group uni) and looked at the requirements for a lot of different unis. All require biology (which I defo want to do) but a few also require chemistry whilst others just want a separate science (which includes maths). I definitely want to do both biology and media as full a-levels, whilst I'm slightly less fussed about changing maths or history. My questions are:
Should I just not do chemistry, and just apply to unis that need bio and maths?
If I should do chemistry, what should I swap it with?
If I do do chemistry what subject should I drop as an as-level (have to do it, as school is highly unlikely to let me continue to do four a-levels in yr13)?
Please advise :smile:
Reply 1
I think media studies is probably your best bet to replace with chemistry because the other three are very strong A-levels. But if you're really intent on doing medicine and keeping media studies A-level I'd say replace history with chemistry because having that chem-bio-maths combo is so strong for medicine

Quick Reply

Latest