The Student Room Group

Which TV shows do you like but feel people have never heard of?

Scroll to see replies

Unabomber
Atypical
Original post by pinkypaz123
Sense8

Sense8 is actually amazing
Reply 42
Oooh, Black Books. Shame there are only 18 episodes.
fresh meat
Original post by I'm God
I second Freaks and Geeks - One of the best shows I've ever seen in my opinion. Had so many good actors. Too bad it got cancelled after one season.

Under the Dome

The Mist TV Show

Under The Dome was brill
Reply 45
Twisted
In The Vault
Tagged
The Magicians
Snatched
Original post by Andrew97
Traffic cops. Although the light punishments piss me off.

I loved that show. I havent really watched it in ages though. I agree that the light punishments are a piss take though.
1983!!!
lost is amazinggg
Original post by natty_b
What TV show(s) do you like but you think s underrated/unheard of? I like Garth Marenghi's Darkplace but I feel that it's severely underrated and everyone I know irl hasn't heard of it :/

(btw it's on all4 if you're interested :smile:)

Hustle.
Reply 50
Original post by Jaydor #2
Revenge

it had a great ending👌

That used to be my favourite show! I want to binge watch it again
Original post by natty_b
What TV show(s) do you like but you think s underrated/unheard of? I like Garth Marenghi's Darkplace but I feel that it's severely underrated and everyone I know irl hasn't heard of it :/

(btw it's on all4 if you're interested :smile:)

killing eve
Secret Diary of a Call Girl with Billie Piper
21 Jump Street - yes, the movie was actually originally tv series, way better btw.
Vicious - with two such big actors and it's funny as heck
Defiance
Both "Hey Duggee" and "Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom" are genius.

"Babylon 5" looks rather dated now and there were lots of poor filler episodes and the shameful fifth series shouldn't exist, but the major plot line was and is exceptional. The evolving relationship between Lando and G'Kar is one the finest.
Your lie in April😭😭😭
Utopia

Six Feet Under
Not that it's that obscure but most people probably haven't heard of Stargate SG1.
Original post by mpaprika
1983!!!

That looks up my street i'll check it out. Initially guessed it would be generic east versus west, but this is another country's story.

I'll name drop Edge of Darkness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4UxyFuhc9A
Dark, a German show on Netflix, it's deffo one of my favourites on there and it has a mad storyline.
Reply 59
It surprised me how many people didn't know what Battlestar Galactica was when mentioning it in the past.

Quick Reply

Latest