The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Nursing Magee 2019 Application

Hi! I Know its early but thought I would start a news feed for all of us applyjng for September 2019 intake!! I'm sure we can help each other out with helps and tips with UCAS etc!

Scroll to see replies

Ucas tips speak from the heart and only the heart same in interview !! Good luck !! Xx
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Original post by Tinasean
Ucas tips speak from the heart and only the heart same in interview !! Good luck !! Xx

very true. having been through the UCAS process before it still doesn't get easy lol are you applying this year?
Hey I actually started my nursing degree today in Magee!! I never dreamt I would get a place, I literally just poured my heart out on my personal statement and in the interview revised nothing!! And boom I got my place !! Xx
Aww that's amazing. Good Luck!

I started working for the Belfast trust as an hca after a graduated from jordanstown with Sport science over a year ago and it's just reinforced how much I wanted to do Nursing!

so nervous but excited at the same time. praying I have what it takes to get in. I'm rubbish at interviews through 😭
Don't put yourself down you already have a degree which is a big plus !! If you need any help give me a shout !! The queens interview is rubbish it does not determine a persons capabilities or their passion for nursing it's a tick box exercise and I didn't like it to be honest, Magee is a lot more nursing based and shows your passion a whole lot more!! A lot of girls I no got turned down for queens and would have made brilliant nurses !! So keep that in mind queens are very acedemic and money based !! It's a tough selection process but you have your degree on our side so keep positive xx
(edited 5 years ago)
Thank you so much. The last 6 month's I had my heart set on queens but I think that's for handiness more than anything but having sat and probably thought through it, as much as it would a huge commute, I think I would prefer magee.

Also having already been a student at Ulster albeit at jordanstown I know how good a uni it is.

I will be glad to get offered somewhere haha
Ha ha yes tell
Me about it, Magee are ranked so much higher and are so much more helpful, sure I'm from lurgan so what does that say !! Takes me 2 hours there and 2 hours back and i wouldn't change it for the world because there support speaks volumes and I have kids and a family ect !! Xxx
I would be travelling from Antrim which also wouldn't be far off 2 hours each way. I'm just a bit wary of going from full time work in a fairly well paid job to a bursary and squeezing in some bank shifts when I can lol
I no that's the bad part but it's only 3 years of your life you will never get back, and if it's a dream it's worth every second !! Think of it this way would you rather be skint for 3 years or always be looking back saying what If that's what I said to myself and here I am starting today and don't give a toss about money as long as I get through it lol xxx
very good way of putting it. I've starting putting savings away so that will help a lot. but first step getting an interview! I've a rough idea what the questions will be. Just a long wait till then but it won't be long flying in lol
Yes I no what you mean !! And questions with queens? Or Magee? Xxx
I know the queens are mmi and have a rough idea about the queens question!!
Have you any tips? sorry about all the !! I have habbit of doing it without realising lol xx
Original post by graceylou92
Have you any tips? sorry about all the !! I have habbit of doing it without realising lol xx

Ha ha don't worry about it !! I do it also lol and yes sure pm me anytime, queens you don't need to no anything about nursing it's your people skills ect !! Magee is nursing based and your understanding on it which I enjoyed much better !! Xx
I've heard if you work in the care sector the mmi are slightly easily lol xx
No I wouldn't say that they are what they are it may help with some stuff but not all it's pretty straight forward usually life experiences can help !! Ok me anytime and don't worry yourself xx
Ment pm private message I need to check my messages before sending lol xx
Reply 18
Original post by graceylou92
I would be travelling from Antrim which also wouldn't be far off 2 hours each way. I'm just a bit wary of going from full time work in a fairly well paid job to a bursary and squeezing in some bank shifts when I can lol

You going to the open day on the 29th I tried to register but thinks it’s full as said no available sessions x
I'm not because I'm an alumni of ulster university so I can get access to online open day leaflets etc online. I've a friend from the ward who is starting magee next year (she had a place this year but put back entry to next year) so she has been getting all the information needed

Quick Reply

Latest