The Student Room Group

Ulster Uni GEM 2021 Entry

Welcome to the Ulster Uni GEM 2021 Entry Discussion.

Ulster Uni GEM 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5784464

For general information click: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/faculties/life-and-health-sciences/graduate-entry-medical-school

For entry requirements click: (see above)

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I've been in contact with them since 2017 and it's looking very grim at this point, every year they're certain that it will be open and I'm ready to give up on GEM in NI :frown:

Is anyone else waiting to hear if it will open? It's the chance of not paying £9k+ in England that's been keeping me waiting.
Reply 2
Im holding out hope for GEM in NI too. Really not sure what to do. I have a MSc place in England for another healthcare course starting this September. Don’t know whether to take it, do the 2 years and apply for GEM here whenever it does go ahead. I sent an email to ulster a few weeks ago and they seemed positive that it would be starting next year and that I should sit the GAMSAT this September - although £265 is a a lot to spend if it isn’t going ahead.
i didn't know they offered GEM.
Reply 4
Original post by Elh33
Im holding out hope for GEM in NI too. Really not sure what to do. I have a MSc place in England for another healthcare course starting this September. Don’t know whether to take it, do the 2 years and apply for GEM here whenever it does go ahead. I sent an email to ulster a few weeks ago and they seemed positive that it would be starting next year and that I should sit the GAMSAT this September - although £265 is a a lot to spend if it isn’t going ahead.

I sent them an e-mail in 2017 and they told me to sit the GAMSAT then, I wouldn't trust what they say
Okay, so they opened. Really didn't expect that, haven't prepared for the GAMSAT at all haha :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Do you have a science background?

I don’t and am nervous, but definitely going to give it a go!
Original post by Elh33
Do you have a science background?

I don’t and am nervous, but definitely going to give it a go!

Got a masters in Biochemistry from QUB, still its like any other exam. Doesn't matter what you have achieved in the past, everyone needs to study for it, im sure you'll be grand if you're commited!
Hey guys. I'm planning on applying for GEM in UU. Have been studying for the GAMSAT for the last while but have no idea what to expect score wise. Have they given any indication on what score we'll need?
Hey,

Does anyone know if Ulster will accept deferred entry applications? I contacted the school and got an automated response to check their Q&A section on their website. Currently living abroad so I’m not sure with Covid-19 if I would be able to travel back next year, plus it gives me a year to finish my PhD. Would be grateful for anyone’s thoughts.

Thanks!
Hey new to this.
So just applied to do my GAMSAT. Any physios in here? Or non physios happy to chat aswell. I’m literally starting to study this week as it’s been a decision I’ve just made that I’m going to go for.
Any of you who have sat it before is it really horrendous??? I’m starting to panic ever so slightly now. But all we can do is lie best and we have another shot in Feb?? March? For 2021 entry so I’m going to go ahead and do the September one anyway!
Original post by Paulpeppard
Hey guys. I'm planning on applying for GEM in UU. Have been studying for the GAMSAT for the last while but have no idea what to expect score wise. Have they given any indication on what score we'll need?

Hey, no there is no threshold score, I've e-mailed them and they are just taking the top scoring candidates. They haven't commented on grades flr uni's but I imagine better grades will increase your chances of getting an interview.
Has anyone a date for the GAMSAT? Or when do we expect to hear? Thanks
Reply 14
Original post by seana_mac
Has anyone a date for the GAMSAT? Or when do we expect to hear? Thanks

I’ve heard either 3 weeks before our date or 4th September...
Original post by Elh33
I’ve heard either 3 weeks before our date or 4th September...

Thanks so much. I haven’t heard anything. I wonder will it be virtual or we have to go down to magee?
Reply 16
As it stands we have to go to the test centre and sit the exam on a computer. Did you register to sit it at Magee?
I registered for Derry so I was presuming it was UU Magee ?? Who knows. Any thoughts?
Reply 18
Yes that’s the one!
Reply 19
I’m really anxious to know their GAMSAT cut off or if they’re gonna be taking other things into consideration also? 😭
Who’s applying for October 15 pathway?

Quick Reply

Latest