The Student Room Group

Help me choose!

As i want to apply to oxford, I need to hurry up and decide my other unis so i can complete my application. I need to get rid of two out of: Exeter, Durham, York, Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham and I like them all equally and the courses are very similar!

I need advice on whether to stick with two harder options (Durham and Exeter) and get rid of some lower ones or if i should play it safe and get rid of some harder ones as a back up plan??

Anyone got any advice from experience?
Personally I wouldn’t go to Exeter because of this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-devon-43966504
Original post by JEG666
As i want to apply to oxford, I need to hurry up and decide my other unis so i can complete my application. I need to get rid of two out of: Exeter, Durham, York, Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham and I like them all equally and the courses are very similar!

I need advice on whether to stick with two harder options (Durham and Exeter) and get rid of some lower ones or if i should play it safe and get rid of some harder ones as a back up plan??

You don't have to hurry at all. You can submit your application solely to Oxford first if you want, then add your other choices when you are ready.
Original post by JEG666

As above you don't *need* to decide now.

It's clear from your choices though that you seem to prefer a city-based university?:smile:
What is it that appeals to you about Exeter though?hmmm: Same could be said for Birmingham which is fairly campus-based.

Durham is pretty competitive for history, so if you'd rather go somewhere else (ignoring Oxford) then I'm sure they'd rather you didn't apply. Though if anything complicated happens on results day then Durham have a history of being pretty awful about making decisions in August, so be wary of that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending