The Student Room Group

Which university for Computer science

Hi, anyone knows what University of Sussex for Computer Science is like?

My predicted grades are ABB and I am thinking of applying for Manchester Metropolitan University and Sussex University.

Any suggestions of other universities?
Hi @anyia,

Those are great predicted grades!

Our Computer Science degree helps our students to build on their technical and entrepreneurial skills, working with industry names such as Hewlett-Packard, Fujitsu and GE Aviation. What's more, our Technical Computing subject community scored 97% satisfaction for Learning Opportunities in the National Student Survey 2021.

You can find out more about the course here: Computer Science BSc (Hons) - University of Gloucestershire (glos.ac.uk)

Whatever your decision, I wish you all the best for the next year!😊

Mara (UoG Rep)
Reply 2
It does not matter which university you wanna choose. the most important thing you need to improve your skills by your self. Some recruiters want a degree from top tier universities. Otherwise no one is looking your degree if you want to become a software engineer.
Original post by anyia
Hi, anyone knows what University of Sussex for Computer Science is like?

My predicted grades are ABB and I am thinking of applying for Manchester Metropolitan University and Sussex University.

Any suggestions of other universities?

Hi there @anyia

Great to hear that you are looking to study Computer Science at university!

You have asked if there are any other suggested universities for this course. Now I may be a little biased but I'd recommend you take a look at our BSc (Hons) Computer Science course here at UCLan. Our course offers students the option of a one year industrial placement after their second year with some of our students having worked in Europe, Australia, Japan and the USA. This course has an emphasis on software development, including databases and user interface design. Students can also choose optional modules to study other subjects of interest.

It's important to do your research and choose the right university for you, maybe attend some open days as this will be the best way for you to get a feel for the course and an idea of what life will be like studying there.

If you want to learn more about this course you can do so here: Computer Science Degree Course UK - Undergraduate - UCLan

Do let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help.

Best wishes,
Sarah
Reply 4
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there @anyia

Great to hear that you are looking to study Computer Science at university!

You have asked if there are any other suggested universities for this course. Now I may be a little biased but I'd recommend you take a look at our BSc (Hons) Computer Science course here at UCLan. Our course offers students the option of a one year industrial placement after their second year with some of our students having worked in Europe, Australia, Japan and the USA. This course has an emphasis on software development, including databases and user interface design. Students can also choose optional modules to study other subjects of interest.

It's important to do your research and choose the right university for you, maybe attend some open days as this will be the best way for you to get a feel for the course and an idea of what life will be like studying there.

If you want to learn more about this course you can do so here: Computer Science Degree Course UK - Undergraduate - UCLan

Do let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help.

Best wishes,
Sarah

Thank you, I certainly have booked open days to see universities of interest.

Thank you for the information, I will have a look at the course on your website!
Reply 5
I would think it’s important what university I want to choose. It’s not just a random choice and I would like to research unis and make a conscious choice, knowing the one I am going to is best for me. Thanks for your input though.
Original post by anyia
Thank you, I certainly have booked open days to see universities of interest.

Thank you for the information, I will have a look at the course on your website!

Hi there,

Great to hear that you will be attending some open days! I found them really helpful in choosing which university would be right for me. 😊

Do let me know if I can help with any questions you may have.

All the best,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending