The Student Room Group

Uncertainty

How to know what specific course in art and design I’ll enjoy and beneficial for the future ?
Original post by NM_H
How to know what specific course in art and design I’ll enjoy and beneficial for the future ?

Hi @NM_H

What a decision to make!

I actually chose to study an art and design foundation year after my a levels which helped me to choose fashion and textiles as my area of interest. My foundation course showed me different areas of art and design like graphics and communication, fine art, 3D design and sculpture, and so on.

Maybe it's worth looking into something similar to help your decision?

I would also advise anyone to choose a subject they love for their degree, so if there's an area of art and design that you are drawn towards or are interested in, then maybe look at courses for that. Or you could just enjoy the process and try out some different art styles and areas of art and design in your free time to see what interests you.

I hope this helps!
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU
Yes, do a an Art Foundation diploma year. It is an FE course you can do at your local college or some universities do it. Make sure you do choose a diploma and not a foundation year that is part of a degree. This will give you a stand alone qualification and allow you to leave a go whereever you want (rather than being locked into a degree or university)

There is a great thread at the top of the forum on this

Quick Reply

Latest