The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i think this thread is going abit off topic. lol
for the speaking if you're lazy then you could make yourself work out how many days till the exam, how many questions you have left, and then see how many you should be learning everyday so as to learn them all in time but doing the bare minimum.. if you only have to do two a day then it means thats only one hour taken out of your day..
i've done my speaking:biggrin:
I'm finalising my answers for the speaking (but I'm doing German - the horrible language :biggrin:) and its a pain in the butt. Luckily, I'm a pretty quick learner when it comes to stuff like this so hopefully I'll have enough time to learn them and ace it (hopefully being the operative word :wink:)
themariii
look down.
:O

OK so I'm gonna sound TOTALLY dumb, but what is this IGCSE that I keep hearing about? And how does it differ from normal GCSEs?
It's just a gcse that's accepted nationally, not just in England, I think. You don't sound dumb lol, I never heard of them before we had to do them at my school
lol i.am.lost, i don't know either.
i.am.lost
OK so I'm gonna sound TOTALLY dumb, but what is this IGCSE that I keep hearing about? And how does it differ from normal GCSEs?

you're not dumb!!!
its just really similar to the GCSE
but its less coursework to do..
and maths we have no non-calculator papers
and IGCSE is quite harder than the GCSE
mainly for the international students.

i just dont understand why they make the examinations sooo early.:mad:
Reply 88
it's not harder thats a lie
thankyou for reminding us all. As if we'd really forgotten, though...
hannahsayshi
is anyone else doing AQA french?

yarp.
Reply 91
=LittleMissTwinkle]lol, but i can't get myself to revise.

Lol I was in your position only three weeks ago but I had to sort out my revision because I want to do my A levels.

I have split my revision up into two half..The first half is for the first 5 exams then I have a 12 day break where I will revise the other exams.

My advice is is use flashcards and start with a subject and topic you feel comfortable with.maybe do some mindmaps and at the end of your revision sessions always do a recap to make sure you understand what you have learnt.
:biggrin:
thanks for this Nayberay
Reply 93
thanks for this Nayberay

No probs Lol
koonergs
it's not harder thats a lie

its a little.
like in some subjects
like maths theres extra topics to learn like Sets, Differentiation..
but like science.. its a bit easier as they leave out all the space stuff.
i still haven't started revising. :| and i have no notes either. all i have is textbooks.
Reply 96
I'm counting down every single day left...
LOL. how long do you have left?
LittleMissTwinkle
i still haven't started revising. :| and i have no notes either. all i have is textbooks.

I told you to start, did I not?
Some people can't be helped! LittleMissTwinkle, just start your revision. It really isn't that difficult to open a book and make notes. You'll reap the rewards of actually bothering to do revision when you get your results in August.

Latest