The Student Room Group

I'm a former GCSE Student. Ask Me Anything

You can ask me about Tips, Further Education, A Levels and T Levels, Apprenticeships, Exams, Stress Relief and fun. There is no stupid question to ask me, they may be useful in the future. Ask Away.
Reply 1
Do you have any tip on how to revise for ocr gcse business ?
Reply 2
Original post by Sumikko
Do you have any tip on how to revise for ocr gcse business ?

I didn't do business but I can give general tips. 1. Write down your notes 3 times so you remember it. 2. Read about the syllabus, it is available online. 3. Teach yourself once your lessons are over. Replay the lesson in your mind so you understand it clearly. Hope these tips work as these worked for me. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by OllBoll
You can ask me about Tips, Further Education, A Levels and T Levels, Apprenticeships, Exams, Stress Relief and fun. There is no stupid question to ask me, they may be useful in the future. Ask Away.

what are you doing right now
do you think it is to late to change these grades into all 9s
bio-9
chem-7
phy-9
maths-9
lit-5
lang-6
history-7
re-7
further maths-9
french-7
comp sci -8. (These are my latest mock grades )
Reply 5
Original post by thestudent1512
do you think it is to late to change these grades into all 9s
bio-9
chem-7
phy-9
maths-9
lit-5
lang-6
history-7
re-7
further maths-9
french-7
comp sci -8. (These are my latest mock grades )

Of course not. I was predicted grade 3 in my mocks for maths and I turned that into a grade 4 with studying and effort. You have months before the first exam and you can learn a lot. Don't give up and believe in yourself.
Reply 6
Original post by lesgo21
what are you doing right now

Relaxing. Relaxation is one of the most crucial parts of the exam period as you won't have as much stress going into it. You and your teachers subconsciously pressure you into constant studying, but don't do that. Study for 2-3 hours a day at the absolute most, and have breaks every half an hour that last 10-15 minutes each. Do your studying at any time that you consider filler. However, you can't do this daily. Only study like this in 3 sessions a week. Try and focus on your mental health at this time. Relax your mind and body every night. Have a warm shower or snuggle in a blanket while watching TV or gaming. If there is one thing you need, meditation is that thing. I always thought that meditation was for hippies or spirituality, but it has benefits outside of those groups. I have noticed stress reduction with this and have slept better doing this. Start with guided meditation before advancing to more advanced techniques. Hope these tips help.
Original post by OllBoll

Is taking a language worth it for GCSES?
Reply 8
It really depends on what you are planning to do. if you are planning to work in a foreign country or are doing travel and tourism then go for it, but if not, don't bother.
Original post by OllBoll
It really depends on what you are planning to do. if you are planning to work in a foreign country or are doing travel and tourism then go for it, but if not, don't bother.

cheers, i’ll take this into account
Original post by OllBoll
I’m so worried for gcse as it’s in 2 months and I haven’t started revising yet and my mocks starts on Monday. I’ve started studying today but I feel as though I should give give up as there’s so little time left and I probably won’t do good anyway. However I plan on waking up at 3am tomorrow and study till 6pm with some breaks in between . Do you think if I do this I can Atleast pass my mocks
Reply 11
Original post by OllBoll
Do u think i will be able to change these grades to 5-7
Maths- 4
science-76
Eng lit- 2
Eng lang-4
History-4
Sociology-4
Reply 12
Haruharu0_0, Repeat the topics 3 times so they stick in your mind. I only started studying a month before my actual exams and walked away with somewhat high grades. Now is a good time to study but I would only study 5 hours a day at a maximum and take breaks every 30 - 45 minutes.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Harukit
Do u think i will be able to change these grades to 5-7
Maths- 4
science-76
Eng lit- 2
Eng lang-4
History-4
Sociology-4
First of all, very good science grades you have. For your question, It is never too late to bring your grades up. I was expected grade 2 for English language 7 months before my exams. In 3 months, I had boosted to grade 6. You can do this
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 14
Original post by OllBoll
Haruharu0_0, Repeat the topics 3 times so they stick in your mind. I only started studying a month before my actual exams and walked away with somewhat high grades. Now is a good time to study but I would only study 5 hours a day at a maximum and take breaks every 30 - 45 minutes.
Thanks for replying I just did my English literature paper 2 and I’m feeling pretty confident (due to mr Bruff) I’ve learned that watching videos and than blurting on paper tends to help me memorises more easily. I’m just going to continue studying consistently and pray I do well in these mocks.

Quick Reply

Latest