The Student Room Group

riya’s gyg📚

Hey
So there are around 89 days till my GCSEs 📚and i still haven’t got my **** together like i have no clue what i am doing🙄 but i have this realisation every week so my motivation starts really high 📈and then finishes at rock bottom 📉🪨by the end of the week. which is acc so frustrating i can’t even force myself to do well when i want to. So i feel hopeless but at the same time i wanna get all 9s so it’s just a vicious cycle of self hate and i really don’t want that i want to be in my academic wellness girly era🎧🎀. I’m started this little blog thing so i can just dump everything that i do leading up to my exams.
My main issue is the amount of distractions 👩*💻i will easily scroll all day rather than to do any work and it’s not as simple as out your phone in the out her room i did that now i don’t even touch my phone but spend all day on youtube . A stupid website is holding me from what i have always wanted
I want to do better so i am gonna hold myself accountable and reach my potential. if someone gives a **** you will need a little context so i mocks for just my core subjects (bio, chem, maths, physics, lit, lang, french, history) and i really want atleast all 8s.
In my december mocks i got
bio-9
chem-7
maths-9
physics-9
lit-5
lang-6
french-7
history-7
comp sci-8
further maths-9
re-7
and my teachers predicted for me to get all 9s
So follow along if you wanna see how i do and i am trying to keep a happy positive mindset 🙂
Reply 1
Original post by thestudent1512
Hey
So there are around 89 days till my GCSEs 📚and i still haven’t got my **** together like i have no clue what i am doing🙄 but i have this realisation every week so my motivation starts really high 📈and then finishes at rock bottom 📉🪨by the end of the week. which is acc so frustrating i can’t even force myself to do well when i want to. So i feel hopeless but at the same time i wanna get all 9s so it’s just a vicious cycle of self hate and i really don’t want that i want to be in my academic wellness girly era🎧🎀. I’m started this little blog thing so i can just dump everything that i do leading up to my exams.
My main issue is the amount of distractions 👩*💻i will easily scroll all day rather than to do any work and it’s not as simple as out your phone in the out her room i did that now i don’t even touch my phone but spend all day on youtube . A stupid website is holding me from what i have always wanted
I want to do better so i am gonna hold myself accountable and reach my potential. if someone gives a **** you will need a little context so i mocks for just my core subjects (bio, chem, maths, physics, lit, lang, french, history) and i really want atleast all 8s.
bio-9
chem-7
maths-9
physics-9
lit-5
lang-6
french-7
history-7
comp sci-8
further maths-9
re-7
So follow along if you wanna see how i do and i am trying to keep a happy positive mindset 🙂

welcomeee to gyg!! as a gcse student myself who's done nothing this whole week but laze about, i get you 😭😭🙏 and when you say distractions, that's literally me binge watching anime all day, defo a habit i need to change
your mock grades are amazing!! i'm sure you'll get those 9s your teachers have predicted you 🤍
good luckkk, we're both in this together 💪
here's my gyg if you want to check it out <3: my gcse adventure
Original post by milktee
Hey
bio-9
chem-7
maths-9
physics-9
lit-5
lang-6
french-7
history-7
comp sci-8
further maths-9
re-7

welcomeee to gyg!! as a gcse student myself who's done nothing this whole week but laze about, i get you 😭😭🙏 and when you say distractions, that's literally me binge watching anime all day, defo a habit i need to change
your mock grades are amazing!! i'm sure you'll get those 9s your teachers have predicted you 🤍

Awww thank you sm that is acc so sweet. I hope we look back in a week and are proud of everything we have done
Reply 3
Hey
bio-9
chem-7
maths-9
physics-9
lit-5
lang-6
french-7
history-7
comp sci-8
further maths-9
re-7

Nice to meet you! GYG is so good for keeping yourself accountable - I like putting my tasks for the day down on my GYG and then ticking/crossing them off (really shows me how much I'm actually doing). Coming from someone who got all A*s at GCSEs (weslh graded system), I believe in you, especially with your current mock grades looking promising.

Also make sure not to get too distracted on TSR, sometimes I find myself on here when I should be doing work!
Reply 4

Awww thank you sm that is acc so sweet. I hope we look back in a week and are proud of everything we have done

of courseee 🤍 yupp i have a feeling this week is gonna be productive 💪
(edited 2 months ago)
that’s a really good idea i’ll probs do that from tmr thanks for the advice
day 1 - 12th February
So i feel like today was quite productive cause i got stuff done. I really want to get more stuff done cause like it’s half term and i wanna get ahead and get into the motion of studying and revising constantly.But with everything i did today i can’t do any more like it’s just so draining.😴
Anyways tomorrow will always be a better day so this is what i did today :

maths - went over probability

french - revised module 1 flash cards👨*👩*👧

english lit - literally made 3 flash cards on mr hyde👺

bio - did questions in evolution (need
to go through classification tho)🥼

chem - did workbook question on chemical analysis 🧪

history - started summary table on medieval england 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

tomorrow morning i’ll probably put a to do list on here and see what i can get done but i need to get the hang of editing post cause idk how to do that so yeah that’s all for today.

riya x
Reply 7
day 1 - 12th February
So i feel like today was quite productive cause i got stuff done. I really want to get more stuff done cause like it’s half term and i wanna get ahead and get into the motion of studying and revising constantly.But with everything i did today i can’t do any more like it’s just so draining.😴

tomorrow morning i’ll probably put a to do list on here and see what i can get done but i need to get the hang of editing post cause idk how to do that so yeah that’s all for today.

riya x

Sounds like a very productive day! To edit a post click then pen icon next to the bottom of your post. There are some tags that get used like
Reply 8
Hey
bio-9
chem-7
maths-9
physics-9
lit-5
lang-6
french-7
history-7
comp sci-8
further maths-9
re-7

ive just stumbled across this now, and your new so WELCOME TO GYG LOVEY <3333 . good luck with litteraly everything and I shall be following along with you x
Reply 9
day 1 - 12th February

riya x

oooo looks like you got a lot done today 💪 well doneee
omds i’m acc such a slacker like i started on day one and then was gone for like 5 days let not even talk abt that i did stuff the last 2 days but the last 3 it was really bad i literally finished binge watching pretty little liars 😂😂😂
omds i’m acc such a slacker like i started on day one and then was gone for like 5 days let not even talk abt that i did stuff the last 2 days but the last 3 it was really bad i literally finished binge watching pretty little liars 😂😂😂

i’m gonna do today later tn when i get everything done

babe its fine, we all just come here and talk about how productive (or unproductive if its me) that we have been, and if u dont update, thats fine too x
do whatever is best for you love
Reply 13

I left my gyg for a whole month 😂 💀 so Dw you ain’t slacking
day 6 - 17.02.24
so yeah today was quite productive and i got stuff done but like i didnt do that many subjects cause like i am in such deep **** with like english lit and some other subjects that i just take so long doing stuff because i am relearning everything not actually doing revision so my 30 minutes of a task becomes a three hour spiral as i have no clue what i am doing. But yeah im ok with what i did.

Practice answer to English Language Question 4 Paper 1

Further maths Geometric Proof Questions

English Lit - Notes on how to answer and planning the essay

Physics - Force Questions

Further Maths Practice Paper

I hope every one else is having fun with that atrocious ass countdown till the gcses but itll be great when we get the 9s
🎀 20-02-24🎀
Hey how is it going. I hope everyone is doing well. I haven’t done anything major to be honest but i’m happy like yesterday i went out so i didn’t get to do much but instead being sad about that and how many things i still need to do. I am taking the steps like i have mocks in like a week and a bit and i haven’t done a lot but i just need to make all the steps and it’ll be fine.
so today :
- French Homework
- Module 8 vocab revision
- Finished English question 3
- Forces Retrieval questions
- Ecology Retrieval questions
so that’s all do today i hope i can continue to make progress little by little i need to focus on being relaxed not worked up .
Reply 16
🎀 20-02-24🎀
Hey how is it going. I hope everyone is doing well. I haven’t done anything major to be honest but i’m happy like yesterday i went out so i didn’t get to do much but instead being sad about that and how many things i still need to do. I am taking the steps like i have mocks in like a week and a bit and i haven’t done a lot but i just need to make all the steps and it’ll be fine.
so today :
- French Homework
- Module 8 vocab revision
- Finished English question 3
- Forces Retrieval questions
- Ecology Retrieval questions
so that’s all do today i hope i can continue to make progress little by little i need to focus on being relaxed not worked up .
hope you're doing alrightt, glad you're taking small steps for revision instead of overworking yourself 🤍
Hey
bio-9
chem-7
maths-9
physics-9
lit-5
lang-6
french-7
history-7
comp sci-8
further maths-9
re-7

relate to this so much, i am really easily distracted 😭 at the start of the week i timetable all the work i'm going to do (or at least try to) but by the end of it... i've done very little. still working on english homework i was meant to have done over easter! 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending