ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

Welcome to the Cardiff University A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

Cardif A100 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6410426

For general information click: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/unde...medicine-mbbch

For entry requirements click: (see above)

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
ryanalevel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya ecolier Second post in this thread. I am looking to apply to Cardiff University Medical School for 2022 Entry. My GCSE points are considered low for them (22/27). However, I have 9 points from achieved A-Levels (3A*s). Do you know if these 9 points add onto the 22 from GCSE to max out at 27, or is it my 3 A-Level grades and 6 other best GCSE grades? For example, making in my case 25 points which is still good for Cardiff.

I seen a post where someone said the points from A-Levels add on to your GCSE points and in this case, I would max out at 27/27 but I am not 100% sure. I've also seen some things about Cardiff saying they really like achieved A-Level grades and that these will compensate for lower GCSE grades. These were actual official slides from a powerpoint delivered by Cardiff Medical School. Could you confirm if I would max out at 27/27 points and if it would be worth applying there? I ask because I love the medical school and am really passionate about that being my first choice if possible. I will go to any medical school if given the offer/opportunity, but if I get Cardiff, I will firm it. And in my case, would I get an unconditional offer if my UCAT, interview etc goes fine as I have achieved grades and am not waiting on A-Level grades?
GANFYD
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ryanalevel)
Hiya ecolier Second post in this thread. I am looking to apply to Cardiff University Medical School for 2022 Entry. My GCSE points are considered low for them (22/27). However, I have 9 points from achieved A-Levels (3A*s). Do you know if these 9 points add onto the 22 from GCSE to max out at 27, or is it my 3 A-Level grades and 6 other best GCSE grades? For example, making in my case 25 points which is still good for Cardiff.

I seen a post where someone said the points from A-Levels add on to your GCSE points and in this case, I would max out at 27/27 but I am not 100% sure. I've also seen some things about Cardiff saying they really like achieved A-Level grades and that these will compensate for lower GCSE grades. These were actual official slides from a powerpoint delivered by Cardiff Medical School. Could you confirm if I would max out at 27/27 points and if it would be worth applying there? I ask because I love the medical school and am really passionate about that being my first choice if possible. I will go to any medical school if given the offer/opportunity, but if I get Cardiff, I will firm it. And in my case, would I get an unconditional offer if my UCAT, interview etc goes fine as I have achieved grades and am not waiting on A-Level grades?
Cardiff do indeed add points from achieved A levels to GCSE points, as per their website
ryanalevel
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Cardiff do indeed add points from achieved A levels to GCSE points, as per their website
Lovely, so just to confirm, in my case... If I have 22 GCSE points and 9 A-Level points, I will be scored 27/27? Thank you for the quick reply btw
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ryanalevel)
Lovely, so just to confirm, in my case... If I have 22 GCSE points and 9 A-Level points, I will be scored 27/27? Thank you for the quick reply btw
Yes, provided you have included core subjects in the GCSEs
ryanalevel
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OMG thank you so much. I have all of the core GCSEs at B grade and above. I'm freaking out. This means a lot to me. I'm glad I can reapply to them this year as my GCSEs let me down last year. If I get an interview, I know a lot about Cardiff and its placement hospitals as I'm Welsh. They usually like to ask about Cardiff specifically and I'd be really good at questions like that. I'm quite good at interviews especially MMIs but I didn't have the chance last year, so I'm really excited
ENR123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone hope you're well just introducing myself as a current third year medical student going into 4th year after summer! Will be watching this thread more carefully and happy to answer as many questions as possible!
LidaH
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
GANFYD do you have any indication what UCAT score would give you an interview at Cardiff provided all other requirements are met?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by LidaH)
GANFYD do you have any indication what UCAT score would give you an interview at Cardiff provided all other requirements are met?
No, they refuse to release this information
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (26)
27.96%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (9)
9.68%
No I am happy with my choice (52)
55.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.45%

Watched Threads