The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level History - Paper 3

On the Edexcel exam board for history (paper 3), there is a section called "changing portrayal of civil rights issues in fiction and film" where we have to study various books and films. Should I read all the books and watch all the films or just a few more important ones?
Original post by Jazzy4949
On the Edexcel exam board for history (paper 3), there is a section called "changing portrayal of civil rights issues in fiction and film" where we have to study various books and films. Should I read all the books and watch all the films or just a few more important ones?

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/History/2015/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/9781446914366_GCE_2015_A_HIST.pdf

Ok have had a look. If it were me I would watch the films, just to get familiar with them but what you want is something like a 1 page synopsis of the plot and then why it was significant i.e you are looking it less as literature or media and more as evidence in a social context.

What was the overall significance and impact at the time? Films dont take long to watch, but books do. I would watch the films and look at some detailed reviews of the books. It is the history and social angle you want.

Wiki would be a good start.

Once you start on past papers then you can work out if you have enough.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/History/2015/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/9781446914366_GCE_2015_A_HIST.pdf

Ok have had a look. If it were me I would watch the films, just to get familiar with them but what you want is something like a 1 page synopsis of the plot and then why it was significant i.e you are looking it less as literature or media and more as evidence in a social context.

What was the overall significance and impact at the time? Films dont take long to watch, but books do. I would watch the films and look at some detailed reviews of the books. It is the history and social angle you want.

Wiki would be a good start.

Once you start on past papers then you can work out if you have enough.

Thank you
Does anyone remember any of the questions from this exam paper?

Quick Reply

Latest