University of St Andrews

The Official 2019 St Andrews Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer for Chemistry last week :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by LucyMbochi
Got an offer for Chemistry last week :smile:

Congratulations! Have you applied to any other universities?
Original post by Benjamin_P
Congratulations! Have you applied to any other universities?

Thank you so much!!

Yes, I also applied to:
- Warwick
- York
- Bristol
- Nottingham

Very lucky that I got all conditional, but especially happy as St Andrews is my first choice :smile:
Original post by LucyMbochi
Thank you so much!!

Yes, I also applied to:
- Warwick
- York
- Bristol
- Nottingham

Very lucky that I got all conditional, but especially happy as St Andrews is my first choice :smile:

That's exceptional! I'm nervous about finding out! Hopefully they will let me know soon 🙏
Original post by Benjamin_P
That's exceptional! I'm nervous about finding out! Hopefully they will let me know soon 🙏

I know the feeling!
I'm sure you'll be just fine, best of luck!
Does anyone think that having a split Personal Statement between law and philosophy will damage my application much?
Tbh looking at all of the Y3/4 courses law and human rights both have modules, and my legal paragraphs talked about JS Mill's On Liberty and feminist attitudes to law.
I have a law EPQ as well but it coveres transgender rights so I suppose it ties to the gender studies course? Idk it's worrying me a bit because Andrew's philosophy is the dream for me, moreseo than Oxbridge.
Hi,

Scottish resident. Mature student. If I do get accepted I will be commuting rather than staying.

Applied for the general arts degree. Currently at college as it’s been ages...and I mean ages....since I was in full time education.

Hope to study psychology. 🤞
international student!! got a conditioner offer for international relations & social anthropology, also applied to KCL politics, warwick politics & sociology, and manchester politics & sociology. i do IB and debate + speech + student council + volunteer work for my extracurriculars :smile:
Has any UK applicants received an offer yet?
Original post by 12shennessy

I haven't heard back for classic civilisation yet
(edited 5 years ago)
Applied for Master of Arts (Honours) Ancient History & Archaeology as a Mature Student, and still haven't heard anything back yet.

Has anyone had an offer or rejection for any of the Classics subjects?
Reply 391

Nope still waiting...

I'm a UK applicant and I got a conditional offer for French, German and Spanish with year abroad on the 18th December, but from what I've heard they mainly send out offers in late January and February!
Got an offer for psychology!
A quick question though… so basically the typical offer stated on St Andrews' page is AAB for A levels, and I've already got A*A last year and still my offer is AAB. I've asked the admissions office and they say I am expected to get AAB for the subjects I'm doing this year. Just curious is anyone in a similar siutuation? I feel like being judged on a different set of expectations just because I've done 2 subjects a year early…
(edited 5 years ago)

Nothing yet
Original post by lelittlepeep
A quick question though… so basically the typical offer stated on St Andrews' page is AAB for A levels, and I've already got A*A last year and still my offer is AAB. I've asked the admissions office and they say I am expected to get AAB for the subjects I'm doing this year. Just curious is anyone in a similar siutuation? I feel like being judged on a different set of expectations just because I've done 2 subjects a year early…

A lot of unis do that
That’s why my sixth form only allowed us to do additional units but not entirely finishing an A Level at AS
Original post by lelittlepeep

they want to see you can handle the full intensity of A2 levels. tbh this is a refreshing difference to all the unconditional offers unis are handing out to people still doing their A levels
Any UK applicants heard from History yet????
fingers crossed ahaha
Thank you! Not great with these threads. Do you have an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending