The Student Room Group

GCSE new English language hellp urgent!!

So basically I want to do my GCSE English language to get a grade B in it for medical school.I have a C😭.All the colleges I've contacted to sit the exam privately have told me that They can't let me do spoken English language endorsement part and hence won't let me sit the exam.However,I urgently need help...please can someone tell me colleges/schools in Manchester area...like when I did my GCSE few years ago I did the old English language and now I have to sit the new one so please if anyone can help me like please I really do need help....can I sit the exam without the spoken language bit?
Original post by Tehreem21
So basically I want to do my GCSE English language to get a grade B in it for medical school.I have a C😭.All the colleges I've contacted to sit the exam privately have told me that They can't let me do spoken English language endorsement part and hence won't let me sit the exam.However,I urgently need help...please can someone tell me colleges/schools in Manchester area...like when I did my GCSE few years ago I did the old English language and now I have to sit the new one so please if anyone can help me like please I really do need help....can I sit the exam without the spoken language bit?

Talk to your exam officer, the might know otherwise you are oing to have to go through the specs for each exam board.

Try the 2 international versions as well.

You then have to find a test centre. Im assuming you must be at a sixth form college that doesnt do GCSE?

I have checked the main exam boards and they all seem to have the spoken component which I think will have something to do with 9-1.

Edexcel A and B has the spoken component as optional so you might wish to chase that up.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-gcses-and-edexcel-certificates/international-gcse-english-language-b-2016.html

You should also check with the medical schools as they may want the spoken assessment.

You should also check you cant carry the credit for the spoken component forward. the exam officer or board will know this. that would solve most of your issues.

[email protected]

Ok this confirms you can carry the credit forward for AQA, so you just have to find an exam centre and tell them. have spent 40 mins on this so will leave the rest to you.

https://www.aqa.org.uk/student-and-parent-support/private-candidates/subjects-and-qualifications/gcses
Reply 2
Hey thanks a lot.!!!!!!...However that what I'm trying to say that I haven't done the new GCSE at all so I've got no spoken English thing to carry forward and the exam centres are not agreeing

Quick Reply

Latest