The Student Room Group

gcse

Hi guys, I'm re-sitting all my GCSE subjects except for one and the speaking exam for English Language.
Once I have re-sat my GCSEs next year will I receive a new exam certificate? Will my new certificate say that I have re-sat gcse?
Will it just have my new grades from next year's exams?
Will they also put the grades for the exam that I won't re-sit and the speaking in English?
Original post by enthjmk5e664
Hi guys, I'm re-sitting all my GCSE subjects except for one and the speaking exam for English Language.
Once I have re-sat my GCSEs next year will I receive a new exam certificate? Will my new certificate say that I have re-sat gcse?
Will it just have my new grades from next year's exams?
Will they also put the grades for the exam that I won't re-sit and the speaking in English?

Hi @enthjmk5e664

Your new certificates will not say that you had to re-sit your exams. They will just have your grades on them as usual.

As for the GCSE you don't have to retake, I assume you will receive the certificate soon. However, if you completed the exam last summer, you should have already received that certificate if you passed.

The speaking in English should be on your certificate next year when you receive your overall grade for English Language.

If you are worried about any of this, then it is always best to speak to one of your teachers too, as they will be able to offer you support.

People have to re-sit exams for many different reasons, so it is nothing to be ashamed of or something to worry about, as it will not affect you in the future. As long as you pass, then those GCSEs will be just as valuable.

I hope this helps.

Good luck with your GCSEs!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest