The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Access course Bradford University

Hi, im wanting to study optometry at university at bradford and im wanting to do the access course of medicine. But i will have this completed during march/april time which is after the application deadline. Will i need to mention this on my application that im doing the access course as i have listed my A-levels and BTEC?
Or do you need the access course done before the application is given in?
Bump
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by samrahmustafa
Hi, im wanting to study optometry at university at bradford and im wanting to do the access course of medicine. But i will have this completed during march/april time which is after the application deadline. Will i need to mention this on my application that im doing the access course as i have listed my A-levels and BTEC?
Or do you need the access course done before the application is given in?

Hi :smile:

We don't require you to have already completed the Access course in order to make your application as we can give you a conditional offer. If your A-levels do not carry the required UCAS points then we will need your Access course to cover the required points in its entirety (136). Which means you would need to include this on your application.

If studying A-levels or an Access course, we require Optometry applicants to meet the UCAS points requirement from a single type of qualification - i.e - 136 points from A-levels OR Access. Those applying with a BTEC qualification are required to meet the grade requirements plus have a Science A-level at grade B.

Please double check with our admissions team that the Access course you intend to study is accepted for our Optometry BSc by contacting [email protected]

Cheers
Joe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending