The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

"Clearing is a stress-free option." Student Clearing experience

Rubi is an adult learner who is currently completing the second year of her LLB in Law with Business Management. She shares her experience and her Clearing journey with us.

rubi.jpg

Clearing is a stress-free option
Going through Clearing was a great process. I applied for my course through Clearing and it was such a simple and quick process. It only took a couple of weeks from applying to starting the course, which was brilliant.

I think Clearing is a great route for many, as it takes the pressure off and gives you more time to decide which course you want to study. My advice to anyone thinking of applying through Clearing is to take your time and really focus on the type of course you want to do.

Clearing gave me more time to decide on the course that was right for me, and I've been able to choose one that fits my future career ambitions.

My course experience
There's a lot to cover in the course, and the modules are really varied. The most interest module in my first year was Tort Law, and this year my favourite has been Criminal Law, which is really interesting as you look into things like murder.

Every lecturer I've had has been really friendly and supportive, and my personal tutors have also always been there for me whenever I've needed any support.

Work experience has potentially opened a career path for me
You get access to a lot of work experience opportunities, mock vocation schemes, and training days throughout the course, so you can gain valuable work experience and build up your CV.

I've been able to volunteer at the University's Law Clinic, and I'm also about to volunteer at the Manningham Project, where I'll be providing free, independent advice on a whole host of things to people from Bradford.

I took part in the Mock Vocation Scheme and thought it was brilliant. It allows you to gain insight into how law firms work. I spent two days at the commercial law firm, Walker Morris, where I learned how a commercial law firm works, the different career options available, and how to successfully apply for roles there.

What Bradford provided for me
There are so many mooting competitions, a law clinic, and a mock courtroom at the University, so you get plenty of opportunities to practice and hone your legal skills. There's also the opportunity to do a year-long work placement after your second year, where you can gain valuable work experience and build up your contacts.

Study abroad offers a different learning opportunity
I've opted for the Study Abroad Programme, so I'll spend a year studying in Canada before I come back to complete my final year at Bradford. I'll be studying Business Management at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, and I cannot wait to experience life and study in a different country.
Thank you for sharing, Rubi :smile:
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending