The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Can I study a level sociology, psychology and chemistry to do a nursing degree?

I want to go to Bradford University and do an apprenticeship combined degree in nursing but I don't know if these subjects meet the requirements.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Maryam9khan
I want to go to Bradford University and do an apprenticeship combined degree in nursing but I don't know if these subjects meet the requirements.

Hey @Maryam9khan - how are you? :smile:

Thanks so much for getting in touch! Please find the nursing courses we offer and their entry requirements for them on the course pages here.

If you would like to be a qualified and registered nurse in the UK then the nursing courses we offer are the way to go. In terms of the apprenticeship we offer, these are specifically aimed to those who are currently working in the relevant field and it is the employer who puts people forward onto the course, so students would not apply directly themselves. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks so much :smile:

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Becky
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by Maryam9khan
@Maryam9khan

Hi!

if you find that these qualifications don't meet the entry requirements for a nursing degree, your best bet would be to do an Access to HE Nursing and Midwifery program. It is a one year program designed to fast track people into University. It typically has modules in Human Biology, Health Studies etc.

As you have done A levels you have used up your level 3 entitlement (the course being free), however you can take out an advanced learner loan for access which is completely written off once you complete your degree further down the line. Programs are typically better on site in FE colleges, although online options are available.

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending