The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University asking for certificates

I'm just wondering if the university asking for certificates is a good sign. As a mature student I don't have a levels but I do have experience and other qualifications related to my subject (Chinese). If they weren't happy that these qualifications were going to be an acceptable alternate why even bother asking to see them?

Reading to much into it?
Original post by Stumpy1001
I'm just wondering if the university asking for certificates is a good sign. As a mature student I don't have a levels but I do have experience and other qualifications related to my subject (Chinese). If they weren't happy that these qualifications were going to be an acceptable alternate why even bother asking to see them?

Reading to much into it?

Hi there

When students apply to study a degree at university they will need to meet the entry criteria which is set for that particular course. In most cases admissions staff will ask for formal qualifications such as 3 x A Levels, the IB Diploma or a BTEC Extended Diploma. In the case of mature students, prospective students will typically need to study an Access to HE Diploma and they will be able to enter university with this qualification (provided they pass the course with the required grades). The admissions office will always request proof of qualifications in the form of a certificate or transcript to be able to confirm you as a student.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending