The Student Room Group

aqa somehow lost record of one of my gcse subjects???

i am in a really tough situation and worried i will be losing my uni place in September, the situation is, i lost my old gcse certificate and got a replacement certificate to send over to my uni, but it did not include one of the subjects in the certificate which i put in my ucas application, i contacted aqa about this and they replied they do not have a record of that subject.
i have my provisional certificate from results day showing i have done and got a grade in that subject
so yeah im in a really tough situation and idk what to do
Original post by ammaradam
i am in a really tough situation and worried i will be losing my uni place in September, the situation is, i lost my old gcse certificate and got a replacement certificate to send over to my uni, but it did not include one of the subjects in the certificate which i put in my ucas application, i contacted aqa about this and they replied they do not have a record of that subject.
i have my provisional certificate from results day showing i have done and got a grade in that subject

are you sure that the missing grade was AQA though? Double check the results slip to see what Exam board it says.
(Original post by ammaradam)i am in a really tough situation and worried i will be losing my uni place in September, the situation is, i lost my old gcse certificate and got a replacement certificate to send over to my uni, but it did not include one of the subjects in the certificate which i put in my ucas application, i contacted aqa about this and they replied they do not have a record of that subject.

What subject was it and what do you intend taking at university. It might not end up being a huge problem.

Check eith your old school it might have been a different exam board if the university insists.
Reply 3
Original post by bamtutor
are you sure that the missing grade was AQA though? Double check the results slip to see what Exam board it says.

yea it was aqa
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
(Original post by ammaradam)i am in a really tough situation and worried i will be losing my uni place in September, the situation is, i lost my old gcse certificate and got a replacement certificate to send over to my uni, but it did not include one of the subjects in the certificate which i put in my ucas application, i contacted aqa about this and they replied they do not have a record of that subject.

What subject was it and what do you intend taking at university. It might not end up being a huge problem.

Check eith your old school it might have been a different exam board if the university insists.

it was further maths and i intend on taking medicine
the uni emailed me asking for further maths after they received my certificate from aqa
Reply 5

Further Maths isn't a GCSE - it's a level 2 so go back and explain that.
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
Further Maths isn't a GCSE - it's a level 2 so go back and explain that.

they should be aware of that? they emailed saying we do not hold your further maths
it was further maths and i intend on taking medicine
the uni emailed me asking for further maths after they received my certificate from aqa

I doubt the university will blame you for this. Send them the AQA letter or email along with you results sheet. There is clearly some administrative error. @PQ @Admit-One @McGinger Can you advise on this.
Reply 8
they should be aware of that? they emailed saying we do not hold your further maths

By common sense, yes they could probably work out what your mistake is. But if they're only searching one exam set (e.g. GCSEs 2021) then it's correct to say that they don't have your further maths qualification in those search results.

They'll just have done the specific thing you requested, which was to search the GCSE results, you need to clarify with them (or they might, for example, assume you've got the exam board wrong rather than the qualification type, in which case it would be a waste of their time guessing your mistake and searching for it).
Reply 9

Ask them to search on level 2 - the FMAths won't show up on the search you requested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending