The Student Room Group

Brett Kavanaugh. Accuser refered to FBI

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/02/brett-kavanaugh-accuser-referred-fbi-doj-investigation/1863210002/

One of the women who accused Mr Kavanaugh has been referred to the FBI after she admitted lying and in fact has never met the senator.

Please note this accuser was NOT Dr Ford.
Believe all women...

Believe all survivors...

Anyone who says they are a survivor is one...

Why would any woman lie about something like this...

Etc.

Conservative men need to keep on the look out these days. Best keep records of everything just in case
Original post by fallen_acorns
Conservative men need to keep on the look out these days. Best keep records of everything just in case

Christ, this victim complex.

Many of the people who fall to rape and sexual harassment accusations are liberals. The whole #MeToo thing was kicked off to combat sexual harassment culture in deeply liberal hollywood. It isn't a political tool to target conservatives.
Original post by AngeryPenguin

Many of the people who fall to rape and sexual harassment accusations are liberals. The whole #MeToo thing was kicked off to combat sexual harassment culture in deeply liberal hollywood. It isn't a political tool to target conservatives.

"it isn't a political tool to target conservatives"

Thats exactly what happened with Kavanaugh - and the now-proven-false accusations

It is in its early-stages, but we are seeing the most potent example of the weaponisation of victim-hood that that the left have been playing with for the past few years. Its not just claiming to be a victim - every side does that to some degree - its using victim-hood to win political or power advantage.

Don't get me wrong - liberal men should be careful as well, but I feel their accusers will be going at them for different reasons. They won't be attacked for their politics etc.
(edited 5 years ago)
If you filter out all news from America the world suddenly is a much nicer place
Original post by fallen_acorns
Believe all women...

Believe all survivors...

Anyone who says they are a survivor is one...

Why would any woman lie about something like this...

Etc.

Listen, but don't believe without evidence (unless it's somebody you're close to, in which case you're kinda obligated to take it on faith).

I've always found calling victims 'survivors' to be a tad dramatic. Don’t get me wrong, rape is absolutely awful, but we would typically use the word 'survive' for an existential threat like cancer or a plane crash.
Chaos is a ladder and we are still climbing.

I remember the outrage when this came out. Now, nobody is talking about this development.
#believefbi
Original post by Andrew97
One of the women who accused Mr Kavanaugh has been referred to the FBI after she admitted lying and in fact has never met the senator.

And hopefully she will be prosecuted and sentenced to some because this just has to be checked at some point, these characters and theirs are constantly pushing the boundaries of what is tolerable in this political game. That just sucks and she is not alone.
Original post by AngeryPenguin

I can’t believe I actually agree with you on something, I never thought I’d see the day

With regard to the OP; I believe a second accuser has now admitted to lying. This situation shows the problem that exists at the moment with rape allegations; the story of the allegation is far more widely reported than the story that some accusers have admitted to lying.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Andrew97
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/02/brett-kavanaugh-accuser-referred-fbi-doj-investigation/1863210002/

Please note this accuser was NOT Dr Ford.
Obviously false flag fake news. Why did she wait so long to retract? Corrupt FBI...SAD!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending