The Student Room Group

Economics without a level maths but...

Hi everyone. So i want to do bsc economics. My a levels are economics history and law. I got a 7 in GCSE maths but i believe i could of got an 8 with more revision. Ive got 3 offers from Lancaster UEA and Kent for bsc economics and still waiting for a reply from Nottingham and Leeds. All of these unis do not require a level maths to study economics. However, I appreciate that these courses will still be packed with calculus stats etc. In the summer after yr 13 im planning on getting a bit of tutoring on these areas before going to uni. My question is will this be necessary? I visited all these unis and all of them have extra classes for those without a level maths. Should i still do the extra tutoring? And will someone who achieved a 7 be capable of understanding the required maths?
Any advice is appreciated
cheers
Reply 1
Original post by Neil621
Hi everyone. So i want to do bsc economics. My a levels are economics history and law. I got a 7 in GCSE maths but i believe i could of got an 8 with more revision. Ive got 3 offers from Lancaster UEA and Kent for bsc economics and still waiting for a reply from Nottingham and Leeds. All of these unis do not require a level maths to study economics. However, I appreciate that these courses will still be packed with calculus stats etc. In the summer after yr 13 im planning on getting a bit of tutoring on these areas before going to uni. My question is will this be necessary? I visited all these unis and all of them have extra classes for those without a level maths. Should i still do the extra tutoring? And will someone who achieved a 7 be capable of understanding the required maths?
Any advice is appreciated
cheers

In all honesty, enjoy your summer.

The universities in question made you offers because they believe that you are able to do well and succeed in their respective courses with the A-Levels you have and the grades you are predicted.

Plenty of people embark on an undergraduate degree in economics without having done A-Level Maths and they do succeed. It is possible. You may need to put in some more effort on arrival, and take some extra courses as you have already mentioned yourself, but that is all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending