The Student Room Group

How similar are EDEXCEL and AQA when it comes to maths?

I'm studying AQA higher maths at GCSE, and I'm taking the 2019 exams (1-9). I wanted to know, when it comes to the content, are they pretty much the same ? This is because I want to use the maths practice papers from edexcel as well as aqa.
If anyone could let me know, it would be great! x
Original post by EvyBobs
I'm studying AQA higher maths at GCSE, and I'm taking the 2019 exams (1-9). I wanted to know, when it comes to the content, are they pretty much the same ? This is because I want to use the maths practice papers from edexcel as well as aqa.

You will be able to use there’s just for general practice but make sure you can see those topics on your spec and be aware the marks may be given differently.
I would recommend asking teachers for practice questions as they’ll have a huge bank - use revision guides and practice books too, there’s also lots of resources online. More practice the better
Reply 2
Original post by Rudav123
You will be able to use there’s just for general practice but make sure you can see those topics on your spec and be aware the marks may be given differently.
I would recommend asking teachers for practice questions as they’ll have a huge bank - use revision guides and practice books too, there’s also lots of resources online. More practice the better

Thanks!
Reply 3
I'm also doing AQA maths. My teacher said Edexcel is harder than AQA, so if that's true, you should definitely practise Edexcel questions so the AQA exam will be a piece of cake!
Reply 4
Original post by EvyBobs

The content is basically the same with a handful of minor differences. The exam style is different between the two but Edexcel papers are very useful practice for AQA students and vice versa. I also recommend having a go at the 4 sets of Edexcel problem solving questions - these are excellent prep for the real thing. Let me know if you can’t find them.
Original post by Anthos
I'm also doing AQA maths. My teacher said Edexcel is harder than AQA, so if that's true, you should definitely practise Edexcel questions so the AQA exam will be a piece of cake!

This is what our teachers told us and those predicted with higher grades did lots more Edexcel questions as well as AQA
Reply 6
Original post by Anthos

Haha! True!
Original post by EvyBobs
Haha! True!

Just to warn you the exam build up is a lot and you tend to feel a lot of pressure but as long as yours do as teachers say to revise and practice and know all of the content as well as equations you will be okay - the tests tend not to be as hard as people make out and sometimes you come out of exams feeling terrible and end up doing well

Quick Reply

Latest