The Student Room Group

study group

I am studying AL maths, further maths, and physics. All of them Edexcel exam board. Is there a study group that I could join or if anyone wants to study together I can make one?
Original post by username4654
I am studying AL maths, further maths, and physics. All of them Edexcel exam board. Is there a study group that I could join or if anyone wants to study together I can make one?

I am kind of doing further maths with EdExcel, but I am considering changing exam board. I will be studying Physics with AQA, and I have already done A Level Maths.

Don't know how much help I would be.
I thought Edexcel maths or further maths is easier/has more resources? have you not submitted your ucas application or you going to change them?
I thought Edexcel maths or further maths is easier/has more resources? have you not submitted your ucas application or you going to change them?

I haven't yet because I have been checking with the universities that I want to apply to and they are asking for at least physics on top of what I already have. I am thinking of doing further maths to help me through the degree that I want to do as well as an extra A Level to help my application.

There is a lot of resources for EdExcel, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's easier. EdExcel can be picky with definitions and use of keywords in my experience, and I hate questions like that. I also had bad experiences with EdExcel in the past. My preference has always been AQA.

Having said that, EdExcel and AQA are somewhat similar.
Original post by MindMax2000
I haven't yet because I have been checking with the universities that I want to apply to and they are asking for at least physics on top of what I already have. I am thinking of doing further maths to help me through the degree that I want to do as well as an extra A Level to help my application.

There is a lot of resources for EdExcel, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's easier. EdExcel can be picky with definitions and use of keywords in my experience, and I hate questions like that. I also had bad experiences with EdExcel in the past. My preference has always been AQA.

Having said that, EdExcel and AQA are somewhat similar.

How you doing? did you apply to the university you want to go to?

I decided to do aqa for physics. I think I have covered most of the topics, but still got to practice but do let me know if you need any help I will see if I can do it or it might be a bit late to make a groupchat now tho?
How you doing? did you apply to the university you want to go to?

I decided to do aqa for physics. I think I have covered most of the topics, but still got to practice but do let me know if you need any help I will see if I can do it or it might be a bit late to make a groupchat now tho?

Hey, I'm good for the time being. How are you?

Re: Physics. Sounds good I haven't started physics yet because of financing issues, but I will probably soon though. Yeah, I'm happy to set up a groupchat to see how I would be of assistance or ask question if you like.
Reply 6

Hi there quick question how long does it take you to complete a maths exercise? How many exercises would you aim to complete in a day? Many things

Quick Reply

Latest