The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

University of Greenwich 2019/20 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi, I've applied for biomedical science and will be commuting to Medway campus. I wanted to ask what sort of support does the uni provide to students who are going to be applying for medicine after the undergraduate course. Although most of it is up to me when applying e.g. getting a good degree, having a lot of experience and getting a good score on my admission tests, but asides this what does this uni provide in terms of helping graduates.

Also, what are the requirements for the academic achievement scholarship in terms of grades?
Original post by UniofGreenwich
Are you looking to study at The University of Greenwich in 2019?

If that is a yes then this is your chance to speak to our team as well as other potential students and to get your questions answered!

You can answer the below questions to get the conversation started:

What course have you applied to?
Will you be moving away or staying at home?
Any questions that you would like to ask the Student Recruitment team?

Good luck with your applications!
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Original post by Rania Anam
Hi I’m an international student and have received offer from Greenwich to study bachelor degree for engineering management. I’ll fly to UK and will be in London on the 21-22 of April to observe the university and the accommodation. Would it be possible if I can visit the university and get look at the accommodation too?

Hi @Rania Anam,

Congratulations on your offer!
No problem - please email [email protected] and one of our team will organise a Student Ambassador to meet with you and show you our campus :smile:

Tara
Original post by Fyz-
Hi, I've applied for biomedical science and will be commuting to Medway campus. I wanted to ask what sort of support does the uni provide to students who are going to be applying for medicine after the undergraduate course. Although most of it is up to me when applying e.g. getting a good degree, having a lot of experience and getting a good score on my admission tests, but asides this what does this uni provide in terms of helping graduates.

Also, what are the requirements for the academic achievement scholarship in terms of grades?

Hi @Fyz-,

At Greenwich our Employability & Careers Service is here to support you in achieving your goals. Alongside this, we have different members of staff dedicated to different areas - which field of medicine are you interested in pursuing?

We offer a number of scholarships and bursaries to help students with the cost of their studies, ranging from sports and high achievement scholarships to bursaries for care leavers and students in financial need.

Please let me know if you need any further info :smile:

Tara
Do Greenwich accept applicants even if they don’t meet the a level grade requirements. My requirements are BBB, say I get BCC will I still get accepted and if I firm greenwich will it increase my chances of being accepted?
Reply 44
I'm interested in becoming a general practitioner (GP), I've done a lot of research into getting into medicine and have been in contact with junior medical doctors for further advice. I'm planning on attending medical summer school this up-coming summer holiday to see how it's like to be studying medicine at the university level. So all I'm trying to do is make sure that I get a fair amount of support from the university but I'm also aware that most of it is up to me.

Also the high achievement scholarship doesn't really make sense to me, it's asking for 200 UCAS points, that's not even attainable if I was to get 3 A* at A level, does it only apply to those studying BTEC courses or is there a separate requirement for those undertaking A levels because getting 3 A* at A level is very challenging:afraid:. Please can you explain.
Thank you
Hi @Fyz-,

At Greenwich our Employability & Careers Service is here to support you in achieving your goals. Alongside this, we have different members of staff dedicated to different areas - which field of medicine are you interested in pursuing?

We offer a number of scholarships and bursaries to help students with the cost of their studies, ranging from sports and high achievement scholarships to bursaries for care leavers and students in financial need.

Please let me know if you need any further info :smile:

Tara
Reply 45
Hi can I find out when applicants of the primary PGCE will be receiving the info about getting our health checks and DBS completed? Thanks x
Original post by AH91
Hi can I find out when applicants of the primary PGCE will be receiving the info about getting our health checks and DBS completed? Thanks x

Hi @AH91,

If your application is successful then you will be advised (via email) to organise your checks as soon as possible (before September). If you are at this stage and haven't received the info yet you can contact [email protected]

Hope that helps :smile:

Tara
Reply 47
Hi @AH91,

If your application is successful then you will be advised (via email) to organise your checks as soon as possible (before September). If you are at this stage and haven't received the info yet you can contact [email protected]

Tara

Hi yes I’ve got an unconditional offer - I will contact through the email provided thanks! :smile:
Original post by Serbian_2000
Do Greenwich accept applicants even if they don’t meet the a level grade requirements. My requirements are BBB, say I get BCC will I still get accepted and if I firm greenwich will it increase my chances of being accepted?

Hi @Serbian_2000,

At the University of Greenwich we do consider all applications using a holistic approach, so personal statements, references, work experience and in some cases interviews are taken into account when making a decision on an application, alongside academic qualifications.

If you do not meet the conditions of your offer, don't panic. I recommend signing up for our Priority Clearing service which means if you do not achieve your expected grades we will call you on results day to discuss your options.

You can sign up for Priority Clearing on our website in May

Tara
Original post by Fyz-
I'm interested in becoming a general practitioner (GP), I've done a lot of research into getting into medicine and have been in contact with junior medical doctors for further advice. I'm planning on attending medical summer school this up-coming summer holiday to see how it's like to be studying medicine at the university level. So all I'm trying to do is make sure that I get a fair amount of support from the university but I'm also aware that most of it is up to me.

Also the high achievement scholarship doesn't really make sense to me, it's asking for 200 UCAS points, that's not even attainable if I was to get 3 A* at A level, does it only apply to those studying BTEC courses or is there a separate requirement for those undertaking A levels because getting 3 A* at A level is very challenging:afraid:. Please can you explain.
Thank you

Hi @Fyz-,

That all sounds like great preparation! The University and your personal tutor would of course then support you in the next steps.

Our High Achievement Scholarship is aimed at those studying four A Levels or a combination of qualifications e.g. A Levels and BTEC.

We do also offer subject specific, income based, and sports related scholarships which may be of interest.

You can contact our Funds, Awards and Bursaries team for further information: [email protected]

Tara
Hey I’m Maya and I’m from NYC. I haven’t firmed my choice as Uni of Greenwich officially but plan on going for Psychology BSc in September 2019 as an international student. Would love to meet anyone that has enrolled already or even if you’re currently a student there. Thanks!!
Reply 51
same I haven't also decided on which uni I want to go to
Original post by Mayatabb
Hey I’m Maya and I’m from NYC. I haven’t firmed my choice as Uni of Greenwich officially but plan on going for Psychology BSc in September 2019 as an international student. Would love to meet anyone that has enrolled already or even if you’re currently a student there. Thanks!!
I want study here.I belong to PAKISTAN
Reply 53
Hi, I'm Tej, I have an unconditional offer for Ext Biomed in Sept 19. Out of curiosity when do we receive our info for the portal login and registration?thanks :smile:
Hi @Tejs321

You will receive information regarding portal details and registration around the last week of August 2019. This is when you will be able to login to complete your online registration.

Let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Chandni
Original post by Tejs321
Hi, I'm Tej, I have an unconditional offer for Ext Biomed in Sept 19. Out of curiosity when do we receive our info for the portal login and registration?thanks :smile:
hey, I'm from Pakistan and I just received unconditional offer letter in extended biomedical science course. I actually haven't given my interview yet just wanted to know that what questions they're most likely to ask and are there any chances of getting rejected on the basis of your interview even though you have received your offer letter?.
Original post by nimra1520
hey, I'm from Pakistan and I just received unconditional offer letter in extended biomedical science course. I actually haven't given my interview yet just wanted to know that what questions they're most likely to ask and are there any chances of getting rejected on the basis of your interview even though you have received your offer letter?.

Hi @nimra1520,

An interview is not part of the entry requirements for our Biomedical Science (Extended), BSc Hons course (though it is required for the Biomedical Science, BSc Hons course, which you may have read online). Have you been told you have an interview? In this case it may be visa or English language related.

Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions

Tara
Reply 57
hi I received an offer for biomedical science Hons 3-year course and it said that an interview is required on the course page but I wasn't given/ told to attend an interview does that mean I don't have to take an interview because the information the uni has received from me via ucas is enough for them to consider me for the course?
Hi @nimra1520,

An interview is not part of the entry requirements for our Biomedical Science (Extended), BSc Hons course (though it is required for the Biomedical Science, BSc Hons course, which you may have read online). Have you been told you have an interview? In this case it may be visa or English language related.

Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions

Tara
Original post by Fyz-
hi I received an offer for biomedical science Hons 3-year course and it said that an interview is required on the course page but I wasn't given/ told to attend an interview does that mean I don't have to take an interview because the information the uni has received from me via ucas is enough for them to consider me for the course?

Hi @Fyz-,

Congratulations on your offer! If you have been given an offer without an interview this is likely because you meet the standard entry requirements and no further information is necessary :smile:

Hope that helps,

Tara
I'm an international student and coming this September for extended biomedical science course, so I wanted to know how many hours I can work part-time while studying this course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending