The Student Room Group

Teach First 2019 application

Hi,

I’ve submitted an application to Teach First and have an assessment day next week. However I’ve just found out that all the spaces for my location have been filled and if I pass the day I’ll be put on the hold list.

The woman I spoke to on the phone didn’t sound enthusiastic at all about me getting a place being on the hold list, and sort of implied by asking if I have other ideas that I wouldn’t get a place with being on the hold list.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Or has been put on the hold list and can share their experience with Teach first?

Thanks!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by HannahJaneB
Hi,

I’ve submitted an application to Teach First and have an assessment day next week. However I’ve just found out that all the spaces for my location have been filled and if I pass the day I’ll be put on the hold list.

The woman I spoke to on the phone didn’t sound enthusiastic at all about me getting a place being on the hold list, and sort of implied by asking if I have other ideas that I wouldn’t get a place with being on the hold list.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Or has been put on the hold list and can share their experience with Teach first?

Thanks!!
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that. :s-smilie: I hope you do get success though. :redface:

Just to let you know I've moved your thread into the Teacher Training forum so that someone is likely to be able to help.:smile:

You can talk to other Teach First applicants using this thread too:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5397472
Hello!I just wanted to let you know that I am in the exact same position. Can I ask what happened? I just had my development centre
I got put on hold for primary in London cause I couldn't relocate for personal reasons, but got a call on Wednesday to say they could take me off hold so a spot must have freed up or something! So it took a month after my assessment centre to properly be given an offer. Guess it depends on whether people take up their offers or not
So this is a long shot, but I am attending the assessment centre in London on Monday, and I havent recieved my lesson titles email, just hoping someone on here has recieved the email or can forward the information to me, otherwise I'm going to just plan my 7 minute lesson on a topic of my choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending