Teach First 2019 application Watch

HannahJaneB
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I’ve submitted an application to Teach First and have an assessment day next week. However I’ve just found out that all the spaces for my location have been filled and if I pass the day I’ll be put on the hold list.

The woman I spoke to on the phone didn’t sound enthusiastic at all about me getting a place being on the hold list, and sort of implied by asking if I have other ideas that I wouldn’t get a place with being on the hold list.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Or has been put on the hold list and can share their experience with Teach first?

Thanks!!
Last edited by HannahJaneB; 1 month ago
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HannahJaneB)
Hi,

I’ve submitted an application to Teach First and have an assessment day next week. However I’ve just found out that all the spaces for my location have been filled and if I pass the day I’ll be put on the hold list.

The woman I spoke to on the phone didn’t sound enthusiastic at all about me getting a place being on the hold list, and sort of implied by asking if I have other ideas that I wouldn’t get a place with being on the hold list.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Or has been put on the hold list and can share their experience with Teach first?

Thanks!!
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you do get success though.

Just to let you know I've moved your thread into the Teacher Training forum so that someone is likely to be able to help.

You can talk to other Teach First applicants using this thread too:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5397472
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.88%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.89%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (450)
69.02%

Watched Threads