The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

How is life in Aberdeen?

Hey guys!
How is life in Aberdeen?
How are the dorms? Is life expensive?
Hi! A bit late but hope this still helps :smile:

When choosing your accommodation there's a wide range of options, the cheapest being £99 and the most expensive like £149 or so (per week). I stay in the cheapest halls and they're fine, honestly. However it's all corridor based so you don't really have a flat, if you'd rather have a proper flat with living area it's best to go slightly more expensive. Just look at the website, they give pretty good information.

I don't think life is that expensive. There's a lidl nearby the student village so food shopping is very cheap. I think Aberdeen is pretty average compared to other places, the only thing is you spend quite a lot on travel because it's so far away from everything!
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Thank you for the reply!
I'm an international student applying for Anthropology ans politics..
And just another question: How is the university of Aberdeen in terms of student life (Durgs, partying, people etc)
I'm still waiting for a reply but I want to make sure I'm making the right choice!
Thanks again!

Original post by hysterria)Hi! A bit late but hope this still helps :smile:

When choosing your accommodation there's a wide range of options, the cheapest being £99 and the most expensive like £149 or so (per week). I stay in the cheapest halls and they're fine, honestly. However it's all corridor based so you don't really have a flat, if you'd rather have a proper flat with living area it's best to go slightly more expensive. Just look at the website, they give pretty good information.

I don't think life is that expensive. There's a lidl nearby the student village so food shopping is very cheap. I think Aberdeen is pretty average compared to other places, the only thing is you spend quite a lot on travel because it's so far away from everything!
The student life is good, there's truly something for everyone. If you're into drinking/partying every night, you can; if that's not your thing, there's plenty of other activities to do. I think most people don't really care whether you drink or not. Student life is really about what you make of it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending