The Student Room Group

Likely hood of an offer

Hi! I’ve applied for History and Economics at the university of strathclyde. They are asking for AAAA, however I received AABBC (A in History, B in maths and english) in S5. I am classed as a young carer so I can be considered for a contextual offer. In S6, I’m sitting advanced higher history which i’m predicted an A in and higher politics which i’m also predicted another A in (i’m only sitting two subjects due to my home life). I’ve also applied to dundee and aberdeen where i received both unconditional, however i’m waiting to hear back from glasgow, strathclyde and edinburgh.
Original post by Deathologist150
Hi! I’ve applied for History and Economics at the university of strathclyde. They are asking for AAAA, however I received AABBC (A in History, B in maths and english) in S5. I am classed as a young carer so I can be considered for a contextual offer. In S6, I’m sitting advanced higher history which i’m predicted an A in and higher politics which i’m also predicted another A in (i’m only sitting two subjects due to my home life). I’ve also applied to dundee and aberdeen where i received both unconditional, however i’m waiting to hear back from glasgow, strathclyde and edinburgh.

Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. Congratulations on your offers so far! What I will say is that it's perfectly normal to not have decisions from some unis yet as a lot of them wait until the UCAS deadline has passed to weigh up offers and can still issue them up until May I believe. It's hard to say the likelihood as it all depends on the course and how many people apply for it, but having received two unconditionals so far is a good indicator. If you are particularly concerned I would say to get in contact with them directly to see if there's any guidance they can give you on how they would look at your qualifications or allowances they may make for young carers, but otherwise just waiting for a response is the main thing you can do.

I hope this is helpful, and all the best to you with hearing back about your applications!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending