The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mia:x
ahh i put expressionism, not minimalism, and then did all the features, composers etc for expressionism, does that mean ive lost like 10 marks now from that question :s-smilie:?!!
and yeahh some of it was weirddd, some of it was okay though!! you know the britpop thing, was the bar we had to write just a repeat of the one before??

xx

I did that too, eek! :eek:
kaderk
what's the name of the piece please? or a youtube link to it would be nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JANWhLG-k18

obvz it's not the same version though
Reply 182
Well i'd just like to say, what a great thread, we've basically discuessed everything!

We beat the OCR music thread hehe....sorry i really wanted to beat it!

Thanks everyone for the help! Hope the result for music goes well (low grade boundaries woot woot :biggrin:)

And good luck with the rest of the exams!!!!
Reply 183
This is the exact version we heard in the exam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGEud4Qa4t8
hey
if youve read my earlier posts then ull know my sit.
but ill say it again anyway
my teacher taght me the wrong syllabus and so i didnt know a lot of the stuff on the exam but also my compositions were based on topics in the area of study that are not there anymore. Do you think they will just fail me? :s-smilie:
Reply 185
Hanan Patel
hey
if youve read my earlier posts then ull know my sit.
but ill say it again anyway
my teacher taght me the wrong syllabus and so i didnt know a lot of the stuff on the exam but also my compositions were based on topics in the area of study that are not there anymore. Do you think they will just fail me? :s-smilie:

It's easy to change the compositions to different area of study's, but I would think it's too late as they have all been sent off for moderation, I think. The best you can do is hope for the best, maybe take up this issue with the headmaster.
yeah they have been sent. See its a private teacher as in hes not from my school so i dunno what to do :s-smilie:
u could always just retake your music gcse at around december time.
I put serialism for that question on AOS2!

I'm about 75% sure that it wasn't expressionism

Surely there was tone row and everything like that?

And drpetergriffin, IT'S HELL ON EARTH!!
Reply 189
omg im so screwed ive got all of this wrong!!!
xxx
Reply 190
No, i think in the thread it was confirmed that the first question of area of study 2 was minimalism. But to be honest, everyone is unsure! Though apparently it was John Adam's piece or something... so that basically seals the deal
noo i put serialism!
:s-smilie:
no it was minimalism, the piece still had some semblance of a key

If it was serialism, it would've sounded seriously bad and wrong
bonbon
Melissma means adding expression to the words - not sure if its right tho

Melisma means when you sing one syllable of a word with lots and lots of notes. But you were right either way, it was full of melismas. :smile:
lol, thanks so much for this thread. I managed to confirm some things even though all the questions that i was iffy about i got wrong. -.- time to put faith in low grade boundaries.. XD

I put 'repetition' 'polyrhythms' 'cyclic structure' for african music (among others xD) is that acceptable?
If it was a piece of African drumming it would've been right...but because it was singing it's slightly different!

You might get marks for repetition and cyclic structure...but I don't think there were any polyrhythms?
Reply 196
i put repitition, malismatic siging, call and response, master singer (like a master drummer, but sings lol i dno if thats right) and intertwingin melodies or some old rubbish
yeh they have a lead singer who provides cues and all that jazz
damn it. ahahaha
well, i guess polyrhythms was stretching it. they were singing in different rhythms for like... 1 second. doh..
lol, and i totally blew the minimalism question. oh well... :biggrin:
I'm sure you've done fine!

How was your coursework/performance?

Keep in mind, the listening paper is worth only 40%

Latest