The Student Room Group

Revision for Languages

I chose French for my GCSEs, however I still haven't found a revison method that best fits me, can anyone help me!
Reply 1
Original post by ekiraiai
I chose French for my GCSEs, however I still haven't found a revison method that best fits me, can anyone help me!

Start using Duolingo everyday, listen to their French podcasts (they really help with listening practice) and also start doing past papers. For the writing paper learn phrases correctly off by heart.
Good luck with French GCSE :smile:

Defo do a french learning course outside of your lessons, like duolingo for example (@tealpencil mentioned this).
Whenever you learn new vocab/grammar in a lesson, either on the same day/end of the week, go through the vocab/grammar and if you find it difficult to learn, use quizlet to make flashcards on it to test yourself (it really helps me for my gcse language).

You can also expand your learning to listening to french songs/podcasts (if you love music), reading french books or french versions of your favourite books (if you're a reader), watch french movies/shows or french versions of your favourite movies/shows (if you enjoy entertainment).

I hope that helps and good luck!

Which bit of language learning do you struggle with most? You’ve already had some great suggestions above about learning vocab. If it’s things like writing/sentence structure you struggle with then you could try using a whiteboard. Write out the sentence/paragraph you’re trying to remember and then slowly erase words. Each time, make sure you can still recall the full sentence and eventually you’ll be able to recall it with little/no prompt words and it might help the structure stick in your mind.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4

I went through the edexcel french igcse (the board I did) vocab list, and just made an anki card for every single word on there and memorised it all. It didnt really matter that my grammar wasnt great, because since I had memorised every word they could use, I could easily tell what the sentance was meant to mean

Quick Reply

Latest