The Student Room Group

Why is Owen Jones hated so much?

I don't get it.
Reply 1
He's a bit sanctimonious at times. Often he's going up against establishment figures and Tories who aren't exactly going to warm to him. And throw in a covert dose of homophobia too I imagine.
It's because he's often homophopic and here's a few tweets about gay men 'A gay man who knows what it's like to be hated by the media, who knows what it's like to fear being abused in the street, is being threatened with legal action - because he called out a straight guy waging a one-man campaign against
trans people' and hears another one 'How sick is this? The Home Office is deporting a gay man to Malaysia - where it is illegal to be gay - citing the fact he doesn't have a boyfriend as grounds for suspicion' he linked a news article saying 'A 65 year old man refuses to be gay' or something like that
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/22/man-faces-deportation-after-uk-officials-refuse-to-believe-he-is-gay
Reply 3
Original post by Beth xxx
It's because he's often homophopic and here's a few tweets about gay men 'A gay man who knows what it's like to be hated by the media, who knows what it's like to fear being abused in the street, is being threatened with legal action - because he called out a straight guy waging a one-man campaign against
trans people' and hears another one 'How sick is this? The Home Office is deporting a gay man to Malaysia - where it is illegal to be gay - citing the fact he doesn't have a boyfriend as grounds for suspicion' he linked a news article saying 'A 65 year old man refuses to be gay' or something like that
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/22/man-faces-deportation-after-uk-officials-refuse-to-believe-he-is-gay

Certainly is not homophobic, and he is a gay man himself.

He's just a bit of a *******.
I don't like his accent, gesticulations and the manner in which he holds his head/posture.
Original post by gjd800
Certainly is not homophobic, and he is a gay man himself.

He's just a bit of a *******.

Oh I didn't know that he was gay and he is a bit of a..
He is too ideological which makes a lot of his guardian articles sound very superficial.
He is a little boy in a manlets body and has a small hairy potato for a head that's goes mwwuaaaahuuu.
Reply 8
He's a pure leftist. He's a super liar, talks out his backside. Makes stuff up, twists everything given to him. He is one of these people who's fake..he's there to spread bs and hate. ****ged trump off...American economics has nothing to do with us, with brexit he thinks staying on a sinking ship is fine...he ignores the EU is collapsing, we have many EU nations rebelling,rioting, protesting....we so rarely get anything on the news at all...we have EU police beating crap out of normal police. He thinks grown men and young men pouring in to countries saying they are assylum seekers is laughable. How this idiot ever got a job is beyond me..

Quick Reply

Latest