The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Is cu coventry on the same level as coventry university

im scared! without noticing i applied for cu coventry im disappointed it looks a little bit sketchy (not to be dramatic i just dont have another word for it) the tuition fees are different and much lower at 6k which is odd. will i even be allowed to take part in coventry uni societies?
Original post by janinenew
im scared! without noticing i applied for cu coventry im disappointed it looks a little bit sketchy (not to be dramatic i just dont have another word for it) the tuition fees are different and much lower at 6k which is odd. will i even be allowed to take part in coventry uni societies?

I shouldn’t think so, they are different universities so societies will be different, but I believe CU Coventry is much less focuses on extra-curricular activities as well. Tuition fees at 6k reflect this.

On another note, how do you accidentally apply to the wrong university?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by That'sGreat
I shouldn’t think so, they are different universities so societies will be different, but I believe CU Coventry is much less focuses on extra-curricular activities as well. Tuition fees at 6k reflect this.

On another note, how do you accidentally apply to the wrong university?

thanks. so i cant join societies? why they arent free anyway? also do i get student accommodation. also im supposed to be asking the questions mate
Reply 4
i have already used that thanks
Original post by janinenew
thanks. so i cant join societies? why they arent free anyway? also do i get student accommodation. also im supposed to be asking the questions mate

The £9k you give to normal universities covers tuition, societies etc. You're paying £6k to a different uni (technically), and not paying for the societies (yes, hiring out facilities, buying equipment, transport etc. costs money!), hence why a Durham student can't go play rugby for Exeter University.
Reply 6
I just did the same thing!! Did you go? What was it like? We’re there many differences
Original post by Krose14
I just did the same thing!! Did you go? What was it like? We’re there many differences

Hi Krose14,

Whilst I study at Coventry University, I have had many friends who have attended/ still attend CU Coventry. From what I hear, the teaching is excellent with smaller class sizes and great academics. As a CU Coventry student, you still have full access to Coventry University's facilities including the library and The Hub and any student accommodation. You can also join any of the University's societies and sports clubs whenever you like.

CU Coventry has a separate building a little further away from the main campus for CU Coventry students only. Some of my best friends at university studied at CU Coventry - some studied only their foundation degree there and moved to Coventry University campus for their bachelors but some friends decided to stay at CU and gain their full bachelors at CU Coventry of which will then be awarded by Coventry University at the end.

I hope this gives you more insight into CU Coventry and I hope you have a great time if you join us there. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask or check out the CU Coventry website for more info :smile:

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi Krose14,

Whilst I study at Coventry University, I have had many friends who have attended/ still attend CU Coventry. From what I hear, the teaching is excellent with smaller class sizes and great academics. As a CU Coventry student, you still have full access to Coventry University's facilities including the library and The Hub and any student accommodation. You can also join any of the University's societies and sports clubs whenever you like.

CU Coventry has a separate building a little further away from the main campus for CU Coventry students only. Some of my best friends at university studied at CU Coventry - some studied only their foundation degree there and moved to Coventry University campus for their bachelors but some friends decided to stay at CU and gain their full bachelors at CU Coventry of which will then be awarded by Coventry University at the end.

I hope this gives you more insight into CU Coventry and I hope you have a great time if you join us there. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask or check out the CU Coventry website for more info :smile:

Amy

Hi Amy,

How does the CU Coventry learning block system work?

I'm expecting to join in November as a final year student and I do not know when will the course finish. The uni said I'll only need 4 blocks.
Original post by Sharon.naruto
Hi Amy,

How does the CU Coventry learning block system work?

I'm expecting to join in November as a final year student and I do not know when will the course finish. The uni said I'll only need 4 blocks.

Hi @Sharon.naruto

Its great to see you will be joining us in November! Below I have linked the page on the CU Coventry website with the academic calendar showing you all of the start and end dates for each block. The flexibility of the CU Coventry courses means there are multiple start dates throughout the year with 6 blocks in total. However some courses only require you study for 4 of those blocks. I hope this makes sense!

https://www.coventry.ac.uk/cuc/study/academic-calendar/

I hope you find this useful. If you have any further questions or need support, don't hesitate to get in touch! :smile:

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest