The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

!KCL Champion Hill

I have just been offered accommodation for KCL Champion Hill, just curious if anyone else has too? I'm located on Strand so its quite for away - this is the only thing that worries me though as the accommodation itself is so nice
Hi I haven't heard back yet as I only just put in my accommodation application. Ideally I want Stamford Street or Great Dover Street, just because Champion Hill is much further out then I would like and I'm also going to be going to Uni at the Strand. I just wondered what other accommodation you put down and how long it took to receive a reply ?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
hii!! i wanted SS or GDS too, especially because i'm located on Strand. i put down SS, GDS and Champion hill as those were the only ones within my budget. it did not take long for them to reply either, it was just over 2 weeks. i was thinking of declining the offer for champion hill, but there is an overground station 2 minutes away that only takes 10 mins to get to Strand, so realistically, its not much different than being at Stamford Street or GDS.
Original post by alexabau3
hii!! i wanted SS or GDS too, especially because i'm located on Strand. i put down SS, GDS and Champion hill as those were the only ones within my budget. it did not take long for them to reply either, it was just over 2 weeks. i was thinking of declining the offer for champion hill, but there is an overground station 2 minutes away that only takes 10 mins to get to Strand, so realistically, its not much different than being at Stamford Street or GDS.

If you decline, can you reapply?
Hi, I know it’s late, but I will also live in Champion Hill and study on Strand and I’d really like to get to know anyone in the same situation (since I don’t have Facebook)
Reply 5
I might be accepting an offer for Champion Hill and will be studying at Strand :smile:
if anyone above worries about your situation, pls contact me since I will study in Denmark Hill in Sep. I really want to live in Champion hill.
(edited 4 years ago)
@Cheryl Chen which accommodation were you allocated to?
I was in Angel Lane,but they suddenly told me that I hadn't complete the contract,so I have to fine somewhere else
Original post by Cheryl Chen
I was in Angel Lane,but they suddenly told me that I hadn't complete the contract,so I have to fine somewhere else

That's happened to a lot of people.... I think there was an induction and book in arrival thing that had to be done by a certain deadline and if people didn't do it, they were told their contracts had been cancelled. So many people didn't even know this until last week, the communication from their side hasn't been that great apparently
Yes. I just be told yesterday,drove me crazy. There must be some problems between the connections.
Ah, I’m sorry but I’m international and I can’t risk finding myself without a place, I’m really sorry and I hope you sort it out
It’s OK, I find an apartment, but it still too far for me, so I think maybe someone don’t want to stay at Champion hill, and came here to find some info. Thx anyway.
Finally, If you don’t want your room in Champion hill, you can rent it to me, ASAP let me know if you want
Reply 14
Hi,
I am a postgraduate student with a room at Orchard Lisle, right next to Guy's campus and 30 minutes walk to Strand. It is a 51 week contract for a non-ensuite room (4 people, 1 shower, 2 toilets, 2 sinks). I would really like to swap to Champion Hill, so if anyone is interested in a room right next to London Bridge, please contact me!
Contact me on Instagram, it’s just my name
I meant @Cheryl Chen, nothing sure yet, just to have a more direct conversation
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest