The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Paper 1 last year was 87% A*
I think this will drop by 10 because last year was way easier
After looking at the answers, what are most people getting roughly ?
Assuming i get all the method marks, i figured my worst case out at 87, but thats assuming i get all the method marks.
But at the same time i dont get how i could miss the method marks
Original post by 8Greenorange
After looking at the answers, what are most people getting roughly ?
Wow thats really great. i ran out of time so im just hoping for something good lmao
Original post by steveeem
Assuming i get all the method marks, i figured my worst case out at 87, but thats assuming i get all the method marks.
Thanks, i just hit my stride in that exam some how and i wasnt making the mistakes i usually make in practice papers, pretty much all my marks lost were on the written questions, like how the hell do i know the significance of the root.

What are you thinking you got?
Original post by 8Greenorange
Wow thats really great. i ran out of time so im just hoping for something good lmao
87 is your worst case scenario?! Goddamn...
I did a zig zag paper and got 83.... why doesn't this happen in an actual exam!!
Im probably being dumb, but where the hell are the zig zag papers on the website? could you send a link
Original post by Khushi.S
I did a zig zag paper and got 83.... why doesn't this happen in an actual exam!!
Im probably being dumb, but where the hell are the zig zag papers on the website? could you send a link

I think they may be copy right (thats what my teacher told me) but the link is on this forum if you just search the word link or google drive into this forum, it will come up with the post which had it on
Are zig zag, kerboodle and CGP papers any good?
Original post by jumpman123
Any ideas for grade boundaries for this paper? Reckon I got from 77-83 marks depending on if they have follow through marks and how strict they are on method marks.

I hate their marking style
In a mock I got M2A0 which means I got 0 marks
you need M1A1 min to get marks on mid to higher level questions I think
i am getting 30% :biggrin:
MadAsmaths has tonnes of papers, only note is to do both paper 1 and paper 2's, they are split by AS topics and A Level topics so you should practice both.
Original post by chrisfu21111
i am getting 30% :biggrin:

What course you applying for in Warwick ?
Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES
Are zig zag, kerboodle and CGP papers any good?

CGP questions tend to be wayyy easier than actual exam questions
lmao the cgp questions are too easy. but the CGP papers, for whatever reason are literally the same difficulty as the actual exam, even a tad harder id say having done them
Original post by parisnaomi
CGP questions tend to be wayyy easier than actual exam questions
whats the point madas is nothing like the actual thing even the book is closer
Original post by OOOllie
MadAsmaths has tonnes of papers, only note is to do both paper 1 and paper 2's, they are split by AS topics and A Level topics so you should practice both.
Has anyone done paper 3 from last year, I acc found it alright. Does anyone else feel the same?
yeah i agree, the CGP papers were probably the only thing i did prior to the exam that were close in difficulty to the paper we had to sit
Original post by JayrZ
lmao the cgp questions are too easy. but the CGP papers, for whatever reason are literally the same difficulty as the actual exam, even a tad harder id say having done them

Latest

Trending

Trending