The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

@-David.S- Are the zigzag papers good?
Original post by Htn_02
How did you guys access the Madas maths papers? Just got to know about them and all that’s coming for me is “coming soon”? :/

IMG_20190531_144102_826-compressed.JPG.jpeg
Original post by NATHan w
Should add a couple marks (4/5) to last years boundaries to approximately see where I would have been or should I just use them as they are?

approximate your marks to what you think would be sensible, and also consider that often the situational aspect may affect performance, people getting nervous in exams etc. so don't use your scores as definites, but more of an indicator to current and level and where improvement is to be made
Reply 383
I need A* in maths and Im ******** myself haha
You did insanely good in paper 3 considering A* last was like 65. Could I ask if you know of any good applied resources that you use?

Stats: understanding, understand the content very well- trust me; These new spec stats papers do not follow the textbook Q trend
Mechanics: do all the mechanics questions in the CGP workbook I attached a picture of earlier.
Me and you both bro
Original post by austte
Reply 386
based on your class, would the grade boundaries be low or high?
Their definitely much better than the pearson practice papers but still not as hard as the 2018 papers obvs. imo i would be expecting a* students to be consistently getting 80s low 90s for reference. their good recap tool if youve already done like every other paper out there. if you still havent done 2018 papers or speciments etc then do those rather than the zigzags
Original post by SkylineS4
@-David.S- Are the zigzag papers good?
Original post by austte

lol I can relate, in yr 12 taking maths early and getting the A* this year would mean i no longer have to worry about maths and can just focus on my other 3 a levels next year. guess everyone will know in august innit
Reply 389
You find zigzags easier than actual 2018 and spec?!
Zigzags are super hard for me haha but those are way easier and nicer
Does anyone know why the mock papers are still locked on the edexcel website...like shouldn’t all the papers be available now
Surprisingly found both quite straight forwards
Has any done 2018 papers? And if so how did you find them? I found paper 1 2018 incredibly straightforward, paper 2 was a little trickier IMO but still very doable.
Original post by python_
Surprisingly found both quite straight forwards

What did you get in each paper?
They're great practice imo, going thru some now
Original post by -David.S-
Their definitely much better than the pearson practice papers but still not as hard as the 2018 papers obvs. imo i would be expecting a* students to be consistently getting 80s low 90s for reference. their good recap tool if youve already done like every other paper out there. if you still havent done 2018 papers or speciments etc then do those rather than the zigzags
Never did them in timed conditions, we got them in class without the mark schemes but was working thru them independently and after looking at the mark schemes, I reckon I would have scraped 90 in Paper 1 and got high 80s in Paper 2, a good sign but gotta keep working, what about your self?
What did you get in each paper?
Original post by python_
Never did them in timed conditions, we got them in class without the mark schemes but was working thru them independently and after looking at the mark schemes, I reckon I would have scraped 90 in Paper 1 and got high 80s in Paper 2, a good sign but gotta keep working, what about your self?

I did them in test conditions yesterday. Got 95 in paper 1 and 90 in paper 2. I make a few silly mistakes in paper 2 which annoyed me but overall not to bad. What papers are you doing atm?
Sick! Keep it up. Doing some of the Zigzag papers, Crashmaths (daily countdowns) and pretty much finished the Edexcel pack... wanted the CGP pack, looks like it has an interesting set of questions
I did them in test conditions yesterday. Got 95 in paper 1 and 90 in paper 2. I make a few silly mistakes in paper 2 which annoyed me but overall not to bad. What papers are you doing atm?
Original post by python_
Sick! Keep it up. Doing some of the Zigzag papers, Crashmaths (daily countdowns) and pretty much finished the Edexcel pack... wanted the CGP pack, looks like it has an interesting set of questions

Cheers. I’m feel like I’m peaking now so I’m just trying to maintain my current form. What are the zigzag ones like in comparison?
Only from the ones I have been doing, a similar difficulty to the 2018 Pure papers, slightly easier, you should be fine. Do you have access to them?
Cheers. I’m feel like I’m peaking now so I’m just trying to maintain my current form. What are the zigzag ones like in comparison?
Original post by python_
Only from the ones I have been doing, a similar difficulty to the 2018 Pure papers, slightly easier, you should be fine. Do you have access to them?

Yeah I do, I just haven’t really got around to doing any. I’ll try one today and see how it’s goes.

Latest

Trending

Trending