The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plinking
you might lose a mark

but wouldn't they be basically the same thing, because it would be like taking out a factor of -1 from the top and bottom then cancelling the -1
Reply 1781
I’m in the same position. That paper killed me and I’ve been predicted A*.
Original post by sachinihimara
I don't know how to prepare, I was predicted A* I've done well all year,Ive done all the c1-4 paper since 2010 at least twice, I've done the specimen and 2018 papers but I didn't have a clue what was going on in todays paper.....
I was expecting an A so if i don't get a B i won't even get into my insurance....
Reply 1782
Does anyone have a realistic range of grave boundaries? For A* and A grades?
Should be fine that’s what I did too. As long as you got there in the end logically.
Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES
but wouldn't they be basically the same thing, because it would be like taking out a factor of -1 from the top and bottom then cancelling the -1
Original post by RickHendricks
what do u think an A* would be?

Maybe even as low as 72/100 for paper 1. We need to consider that last year's cohort was mainly FM students who sat the A-Level early, given that + our harder paper, I do think our boundaries should be lower overall. However, we need to wait for the other papers :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
Petition to #Marksman After every Exam
Original post by ThE MaRkSmAn
THESE ARE THE MARKS FOR PURE 1
Q1) 3 MARKS
Q2) 5 MARKS
Q3) 5 MARKS
Q4) 6 MARKS
Q5) 10 MARKS
Q6) 8 MARKS
Q7) 7 MARKS
Q8) 10 MARKS
Q9) 5 MARKS
Q10) 6 MARKS
Q11) 7 MARKS
Q12) 10 MARKS
Q13) 11 MARKS
Q14) 7 MARKS

Please feel free to tell me what you think you got
P.S They call me ThE MaRkSmAn
Original post by sachinihimara
what do you think a 25 would be? a U?
Do you think it is recoverable with the other 2 papers? is a B completely off the table?

There is always hope, trussst
Original post by HappyMedic2001
Predicted an A* and completely flopped it

Same, think I got about 53 :frown:
Did anyone get a fraction that was like 43/23 or other way round for question 1?
I got around 72% in this paper - do you think I can get this up to an A*?????
Original post by Beamomom
Maybe even as low as 72/100 for paper 1. We need to consider that last year's cohort was mainly FM students who sat the A-Level early, given that + our harder paper, I do think our boundaries should be lower overall. However, we need to wait for the other papers :biggrin:

ye i reckon i got in the range 75-85 or 80 marks to be exact but idk
It will be lower than last year (well I hope because the paper wasn't nice) my friend but unfortunately, the Further Maths cohort may not necessarily be too much different from us. I would hope for a 72% but, to be honest buddy, the Edexcel exam board adjusted the grade boundary so that the Further maths students are being treated fairly like normal maths students hence not allowing the grade boundary to be far too high so our ones won't be too much different. I would say at most a 2 % decrease which is still a reasonable amount.
Original post by Beamomom
My teacher is suggesting that Grade Boundaries will go UP this year (last year was 76%), but then I am reading people here saying they will decrease so I honestly have no clue.

I predict I have 78 - 83 on this paper I hope I can at least scrape a A*, anyone have ideas for Grde Boundaries?
Original post by Stormragexox
so true :frown: there wasn't even a vector question this year

That means it will definitely come up on P2 OMG i hate it
Last year was only sat by students doing further maths so grade boundaries will have been higher than this year I reckon
Did you try to factorise the equation and find a that way? Because that's what I did first and your answer looks familar. Since (x+3) is a factor if you put x=-3 into the equation and make it = 0 you get a = 3.
Original post by ellie154352
Did anyone get a fraction that was like 43/23 or other way round for question 1?
Reply 1796
I have made a video going through this paper along with model solutions and tips on how to think about these questions.
Here is the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnV3HR_9lgI
Any feedback is appreciated,
Thank you

@Lemur14
Yes definitely did that. Must of made a mistake on my working, I knew I should have checked it!
Original post by justsomeguy17
Did you try to factorise the equation and find a that way? Because that's what I did first and your answer looks familar. Since (x+3) is a factor if you put x=-3 into the equation and make it = 0 you get a = 3.
How many marks do you think I'd lose for using 15 instead of 16 in Q7 c) to get 165 mins 57 secs? It was a 4 marker.

Also how many marks would I lose for the 4 marker about forming the exponential function if I did V=20000x(4/5)^t instead of using e?
Original post by zirkon45
How many marks do you think I'd lose for using 15 instead of 16 in Q7 c) to get 165 mins 57 secs? It was a 4 marker.

Also how many marks would I lose for the 4 marker about forming the exponential function if I did V=20000x(4/5)^t instead of using e?

I did e^ln(4/5) but I think you can get away with what you have done cos the e and ln cancel out as they are the inverse of each other... I played it safe and kept the constant ‘k’ as -ln(4/5)

Latest

Trending

Trending