Htn_02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m studying A level Edexcel Maths and I’m not quite sure what exactly we need to know? The book doesn’t explain it too well either.
Htn_02
Rep:
?
Anyone?
algoko
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Last edited by algoko; 2 years ago
Notnek
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Htn_02)
I’m studying A level Edexcel Maths and I’m not quite sure what exactly we need to know? The book doesn’t explain it too well either.
Taken from Resourceaholic:

Large Data Set Resources (Edexcel only)

Also make sure you attempt every question related to the LDS in your textbook. When you revise, try using some of the statistical tests against the LDS data e.g. you could find the standard deviation of part of it and think about its limitations.

Finally make sure you try every question involving the LDS in all the specimen, mock, past and practice papers (your teacher should provide you with all of these).

I think if you do all of this then you'll be better prepared than most and should be able to tackle an LDS question in the real thing.
Htn_02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notnek)

Also make sure you attempt every question related to the LDS in your textbook. When you revise, try using some of the statistical tests against the LDS data e.g. you could find the standard deviation of part of it and think about its limitations.

Finally make sure you try every question involving the LDS in all the specimen, mock, past and practice papers (your teacher should provide you with all of these).

I think if you do all of this then you'll be better prepared than most and should be able to tackle an LDS question in the real thing.
Thankyou so much!
Last edited by Htn_02; 2 years ago
JackusGomux
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
thanks Notnek, you're a life saver!!
GogetaORvegito?
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Sir Cumference)

Thanks your a life saver! My teacher never told us about this!
kat(:b)
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Sir Cumference)

Thank you so much!
taxonomy.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (1)
100%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (0)
0%
No I am happy with my choice (0)
0%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads