The Student Room Group

Gcse options:URGENT

so I need to hand in my choices tomorrow and I'm still undecided on one choice. I'll get right into it
Core subjects
English lang and lit
Triple science
Maths

Choices
History
Geography
French
Music
RE or Statistics

My benchmark for both is a 9 so I am really undecided. HELPPPP
Reply 1
Original post by tessax
so I need to hand in my choices tomorrow and I'm still undecided on one choice. I'll get right into it
Core subjects
English lang and lit
Triple science
Maths

Choices
History
Geography
French
Music
RE or Statistics

How many choices are you allowed? 4 or 5?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
I am allowed 5 including the option out of business, statistics, or RE. But I ain't doing business
Reply 3
Original post by tessax
Core subjects
English lang and lit
Triple science
Maths

Choices
History
Geography
French
Music
RE or Statistics

One piece I would advise, is choose something that you enjoy (most important for passion), potentially something that will help assist a future career and that maybe another compliments other subjects or has shared knowledge.

Don't do what I did which was get told these subjects are the best or you would do great at uni with maths, more maths, sciences and then basically fail the year because I felt unmotivated, undecided and just not happy.
The year after I redid and took maths but ditched the sciences and put in the things I enjoyed like IT and Business and it's turned out so much better. :h:

But, take with a pinch of salt as that is just my personal experience :smile:
trust me business is some hard subject..... are you good at maths??
or are you good at english???
Reply 5
Idk both tbf
ermmm if you are capable of handling graphs and probability that type of topics you will be good at stats
if you are good at english you can handle r.e as you need to write soooo much for it
but what is your life ambitions

Quick Reply

Latest