The Student Room Group

Btecs and Gcse for uni

I have 4 gcses but i read the minimum requirement is 5 gcses for universities which i plan to apply to after a btec level 3. I am currently studying a level 2 btec qualification which is equivalent to 4 gcse. Could i combine those 2 and say i have 8 gcse?
Reply 1
Why do you only have 4 GCSEs.
Original post by unsaltedshoes
I have 4 gcses but i read the minimum requirement is 5 gcses for universities which i plan to apply to after a btec level 3. I am currently studying a level 2 btec qualification which is equivalent to 4 gcse. Could i combine those 2 and say i have 8 gcse?

A few things:
1. Not all universities mandate 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), although many do.
2. Do the four GCSEs that you have include both Maths and English Language?
3. What subject / type is your Level 2 BTEC?
4. You could never claim to have 8 GCSEs, because you don't. On your UCAS form you would provide details of your four actual GCSEs and your BTECs (both at Level 2 and Level 3).
5. It's up to individual universities whether they could consider your Level 2 BTEC (in combination with your four GCSEs) as meeting their entry requirements.
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
A few things:
1. Not all universities mandate 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), although many do.
2. Do the four GCSEs that you have include both Maths and English Language?
3. What subject / type is your Level 2 BTEC?
4. You could never claim to have 8 GCSEs, because you don't. On your UCAS form you would provide details of your four actual GCSEs and your BTECs (both at Level 2 and Level 3).
5. It's up to individual universities whether they could consider your Level 2 BTEC (in combination with your four GCSEs) as meeting their entry requirements.

yes the 4 gcses include english and maths. I am currently studying engineering level 2 btec.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending