The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Is Harcourt Hill completely dead?

I was really excited to have an unconditional offer (Communication, Media & Culture) but now worried that I will be based at Harcourt Hill and from everything I've read it just sounds really quiet and miles from anywhere. If I was in halls closer to Headington would that be a total pain? Please someone help me out and let me know what's the best thing to do. At the moment the location is putting me off the whole course, dont get me wrong, I'm happy with some peace & quiet when I'm working but not ALL the time! Surely the point of coming to Oxford is the vibe, nightlife etc?
Original post by HokeyCokey100
I was really excited to have an unconditional offer (Communication, Media & Culture) but now worried that I will be based at Harcourt Hill and from everything I've read it just sounds really quiet and miles from anywhere. If I was in halls closer to Headington would that be a total pain? Please someone help me out and let me know what's the best thing to do. At the moment the location is putting me off the whole course, dont get me wrong, I'm happy with some peace & quiet when I'm working but not ALL the time! Surely the point of coming to Oxford is the vibe, nightlife etc?

Don't Brookes still give free bus travel? What makes you think the lectures are at Harcourt?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
"Teaching location - Harcourt Hill Campus"
Original post by HokeyCokey100

Hi HokeyCokey100
Harcourt hill is quieter than Headington campus due to less courses and less accommodation around that area. Lots of students choose to live closer to Headington campus and get the U1 Brookes bus to Harcourt hill for their lectures, you can check if you are eligible for a free Brookes bus pass here: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/travel/brookeskey/.
Alternatively, you can choose to live in one of our halls of residence which is at Harcourt hill so that you don't have to get up quite so early for those 9am lectures!
Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending