The Student Room Group

2nd year transfer on to different course?

Whats the likelihood that I can change into a second year course, in a course I did not study in first year at a different university. I’m currently going into third year and want to transfer into 2nd year in subject I studied at college because I have changed my mind.
A vague related subject or a completely different one?
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
A vague related subject or a completely different one?

completely different. I want to study nutrition. But i’ve done 2 years in business
Original post by python147816
completely different. I want to study nutrition. But i’ve done 2 years in business

You need to speak to the admissions team of your preferred university (or your current one if you are looking to stay) but it's unlikely you will be able to change as transfers are based of the modules you have studied which usually need to be like for like or super similar.

- LT

I think the chances would be near zero - especially if the course had professional accreditation/recognition attached to it (e.g. courses including dietetics).

then the chance is zero
To transfer into yr 2 of a degree you would need evidence of having met the learning outcomes of the first year modules for the nutrition degree.

Is there a reason that you don't want to start from first year?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
then the chance is zero
To transfer into yr 2 of a degree you would need evidence of having met the learning outcomes of the first year modules for the nutrition degree.

Is there a reason that you don't want to start from first year?

i’ve already used up 2 years
i’ve already used up 2 years

Have you looked into whether you can find anywhere offering part time study? The previous study rules for part time study are much more generous and if you study on campus instead of distance learning then there's still a maintenance loan.
Lots of part time courses will offer a 3 year BA/BSc over 4 years so it doesn't even take much more time. Alternatively if you study distance learning with OU then you can study at full time intensity (without a living costs loan) and complete a degree within 3 years and distance learning means the course is designed to work around working full time too.
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
Have you looked into whether you can find anywhere offering part time study? The previous study rules for part time study are much more generous and if you study on campus instead of distance learning then there's still a maintenance loan.
Lots of part time courses will offer a 3 year BA/BSc over 4 years so it doesn't even take much more time. Alternatively if you study distance learning with OU then you can study at full time intensity (without a living costs loan) and complete a degree within 3 years and distance learning means the course is designed to work around working full time too.

can you send links? I feel like im gonna fail second year
can you send links? I feel like im gonna fail second year

https://www.associationfornutrition.org/degree-accreditation/accredited-programmes lists all the accredited courses - you'd need to click through to some of them to see if they are available part time but it looks like Bath Spa, Edge Hill and Kingston all offer a part time option.
OU don't offer nutrition as a specific degree but there's related subjects https://www.open.ac.uk/courses/health-wellbeing/degrees and https://www.open.ac.uk/courses/biology/degrees
Whats the likelihood that I can change into a second year course, in a course I did not study in first year at a different university. I’m currently going into third year and want to transfer into 2nd year in subject I studied at college because I have changed my mind.

Hi @python147816,

As you have studied business, it would be unlikely that you could join year 2 of a nutrition course. This is because when looking to transfer, we would map the course content you have followed on your degree programme to see if it is in line with the content of the degree programme here at Edge Hill University. There needs to be significant cross over in content for you to move into year 2.

For any questions regarding your eligibility for further funding, I encourage you to speak with Student Finance England directly.

I hope this helps. If you would like to discuss anything further, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Thanks, Melissa- Course Enquires

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending