The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Official University of Surrey Accommodation Thread

Hi there!

Welcome to the University of Surrey's accommodation thread!

Details on each accommodation and how to apply can be found here.

If you have any accommodation-related questions, feel free to ask them here and one of our students, or staff, will get back to you :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

When starting an application for accommodation, is it best to put your top preference, rather than putting down other preferences even though you don’t want those. For example I only want D3-D4. Therefore rather than putting both D1-D2 and D3-D4. Should I just put down D3-D4 as that’s the only one I want.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by Anonymous
When starting an application for accommodation, is it best to put your top preference, rather than putting down other preferences even though you don’t want those. For example I only want D3-D4. Therefore rather than putting both D1-D2 and D3-D4. Should I just put down D3-D4 as that’s the only one I want.

Hey there

While applying for accommodation you go by first choice but still need to add all the other choices by order of preference. So, for example, you need to put D3-D4 first, then your other choices after. This is just in case they are not able to give you your first choice.

I hope this helps!

Debora
Psychology student
(edited 7 months ago)
Thank you very much
Hi,

I have firmed Surrey and looking at my accommodation application. Which campus is generally quieter and calmer? I'm hoping to stay in Band D accommodation, but choosing between D1/2 and D3/4. Also, which areas (especially in Stag Hill) are normally less busy? I'm aiming to live somewhere that isn't too chaotic!

Thanks! :smile:
Hi there!

I'm a current student at the University of Surrey and hopefully could offer some insight! In my first year, I lived in Band D accommodation on Manor Park, and I found the campus to be quiet and calm. Because it's mainly just accommodation, the vet school, and the sports park, it tends to be quiet during the day and evening. Most students head over to Stag Hill for parties and to go to the campus club. Although, there are still some facilities like the new bar so it's not boring, but just not as lively in the evening as the main campus. If you are wanting to live on Stag Hill, I would say that Twyford Court is the quietest area as they are on the edge of the campus and no where near the nightclub.

It's also possible to add preferences when you apply for accommodation, so you can request a 'quiet flat', although there are a limited number of flats available for this preference.

I hope this helps! Please get in touch if you have further questions :smile:

Best wishes,
Alice
Final year languages student
Original post by sunflower_jg
Hi,

I have firmed Surrey and looking at my accommodation application. Which campus is generally quieter and calmer? I'm hoping to stay in Band D accommodation, but choosing between D1/2 and D3/4. Also, which areas (especially in Stag Hill) are normally less busy? I'm aiming to live somewhere that isn't too chaotic!

Thanks! :smile:
Hi I have been offered alexander fleming flat 2x. I would like to know if there are lifts?
Reply 7
Hi I have been offered Unversity court on Stag band D - I am looking for anyone to swap with on Manor Park (any band)

I am a vet student and don't like walking :P
Original post by kittybix
Hi I have been offered Unversity court on Stag band D - I am looking for anyone to swap with on Manor Park (any band)

I am a vet student and don't like walking :P

have you already received responses for applications? or is that as a returning student
Hi I have been offered alexander fleming flat 2x. I would like to know if there are lifts?

Hi there,

The Manor Park accommodations on Alexander Fleming Road do not have lifts. However the accommodation on Daphne Jackson Road in Manor Park do. Hope that helps!

Claire
Final Year GSA Student
Hi I was told that i am waitlisted for campus accommodation. I was wondering when would i receive an official result from the uni as i might need to find off campus accommodation if my application is rejected. Anyone has any experience on this?
Hi I was told that i am waitlisted for campus accommodation. I was wondering when would i receive an official result from the uni as i might need to find off campus accommodation if my application is rejected. Anyone has any experience on this?

Also im actually a returning student
Reply 12
Original post by University of Surrey
Hi there!

Welcome to the University of Surrey's accommodation thread!

Details on each accommodation and how to apply can be found here.

If you have any accommodation-related questions, feel free to ask them here and one of our students, or staff, will get back to you :smile:

I havent been able to get my accomodation sorted out yet. Is there any way I can be put on the list in case there is one available.
Hi if Surrey is my insurance choice I cannot apply for accommodation currently can I? If I did not meet the grades for my firm choice how would I go about accommodation at Surrey?
Not sure if this thread is still active but I changed Surrey courses through clearing and haven't got any accommodation. Not getting any replies and phone line is busy. I applied results day so is there any chance I'll get a place so I can complete enrolment? I don't live anywhere close so it's kinda urgent lol
Hi. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the rules are for hair dryers in accommodation? Is there a maximum voltage they can be?
Not sure if this thread is still active but I changed Surrey courses through clearing and haven't got any accommodation. Not getting any replies and phone line is busy. I applied results day so is there any chance I'll get a place so I can complete enrolment? I don't live anywhere close so it's kinda urgent lol

lol in the same place here, given a place but no accommodation and got no response yet

Hi @Anonymous

Congratulations on your offer!

I understand it can be quite frustrating waiting to hear about accommodation and I hope you have managed to receive a reply by now. The Students’ Union and Hoods Residential are delivering an online Housing and Roommate Support Webinar today at 3pm to help connect you to other students looking for somewhere to live, and practical next steps in finding somewhere to live. You can find how to join here https://surreyunion.org/stec_event/housing-and-roomate-support-webinar/
If you can't make this webinar the Students’ Union and Hoods Residential team (https://www.hoodsresidential.com/contact.aspx) are a great place to get support finding accommodation so please don't hesitate to contact them as well as the accommodation team ([email protected]).

I hope this helps!

Olivia (she/her)
MSc Social Psychology
Reply 18
Hey. I got a band D accommodation offer in Manor Park and was wondering if anyone has a band E and wants to switch with me. Please let me know if you’re interested and want more details. If not, then if anyone knows of any group chats where people are switching accomms I’d like to please be added to it. Thanks!
(edited 8 months ago)
Hi,
I haven’t found accommodation yet, but I am trying to complete my registration online.

The only section I haven’t completed is the Council Tax section. If anyone could help me, that would be appreciated - please PM me.

Thank you in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending