The Student Room Group

Body lotion that sinks in quickly and doesn't leave you feeling sticky!

I use a body lotion/moisturiser every morning after I get out of the shower, but even if I don't get dressed for an hour, all the ones I've been using make me feel sticky and horrible!! If I'm going to work and need to get dressed relatively quickly then I need one that sinks in and doesn't leave me feeling sticky! Has anyone found a body lotion that they could reccommend?

The only one I've found so far that I love is Soap & Glory "The Righteous Butter Lite" but its £7 a bottle and I go through one a week, so I just can't afford that!!

At the moment I've been using Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion but its ultra-sticky for ages after I apply it!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and rep will be given :biggrin: Thank you!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nivea soft is nice, or body shop body butters. I actually have one by elle macpherson called 'the body honey body butter' which is lovely.
Reply 2
Thanks, do they sink in quickly?
Reply 3
Well yes, but you should always leave 30 mins for any moisturiser to sink in properly. They didn't make me feel sticky though, once absorbed.
Reply 4
I'll give them a try! Thank you :smile:

Any other suggestions anyone?
I'd say Lush Dream Cream. Really nice, a little goes a loong way, sinks in quickly, and the pot lasts quite a while.
Palmers Cocoa Butter Lotion, sinks in quick, makes your skin feel really soft and smells lovely!
I'm not sure if its the moisturiser or my really dry skin dying for a drink but i use Vaseline essential moisture dosen't leave me sticky. In the past i've used the
Palmers Cocoa Butter Lotion which is good but i not keen on the smell.
As someone said above, Nivea is gentle, smells nice and sinks in quite quick. I usually use this but recently I treated myself to something a bit different for a change.

I'm not that adventurous as I have very sentitive skin and tend to come out in rashes very easily. I bought some Johnson & Johnson 24 hour body lotion. There is also a night time one in a purple bottle that is heavenly. The 24 hour lotion is probably better if you shower in the morning though :smile:

They smell lovely, sink in very quick and leave you feeling really, really soft. I use the bedtime one every night and wouldn't be without it now. It is quite cheap as well, £2.79 I think per bottle. The holiday skin one is actually quite nice as well :redface:
i use boots body butters. they come in a smallish tub(200ml) for £7.50 but last me ages. smell really nice and not sticky or oily at all.

I've been using this one since christmas.
Reply 10
sparkyitfc18
In the past i've used the
Palmers Cocoa Butter Lotion which is good but i not keen on the smell.

Finally someone else who isn't keen on the smell of it - I thought I was the only one. Everyone else says it smells really nice but I just find it overpowering :s-smilie:
I use Body Shop body butters quite alot, they smell really nice and sink in quickly, but do sometimes leave my skin feeling a bit sticky. I guess it depends how much you use though, and I put quite a bit on.
Reply 11
FizzBitch
Finally someone else who isn't keen on the smell of it - I thought I was the only one. Everyone else says it smells really nice but I just find it overpowering :s-smilie:
I use Body Shop body butters quite alot, they smell really nice and sink in quickly, but do sometimes leave my skin feeling a bit sticky. I guess it depends how much you use though, and I put quite a bit on.

I always go to the body shop to try these body butters out...they are of course, very 'buttery', but i find some of the 'flavours' a bit weird, and funny smelling. The only ones i would probably consider buying are probably the mango and blueberry one.
Reply 12
Johnsons baby lotion :biggrin:
Reply 13
jenren22
I always go to the body shop to try these body butters out...they are of course, very 'buttery', but i find some of the 'flavours' a bit weird, and funny smelling. The only ones i would probably consider buying are probably the mango and blueberry one.

I use either the mango one or the satsuma one, which smells of that calpol medicine when in the tub, but really nice once it's rubbed in. Just looked on their website and they have an olive one, eurghh!
Reply 14
I found I didn't like the Body Shop Body Butter one.

I found it very ver sticky and didn't sink in that well.
Put it on after showering at night then woke up skitcky and it all came off with my morning shower.
Reply 15
Use Dove Triple Moisturising Body Wash in the shower. You can wash it off so it doesn't leave you feeling sticky and it still leaves your skin really soft!
hmjessop
Use Dove Triple Moisturising Body Wash in the shower. You can wash it off so it doesn't leave you feeling sticky and it still leaves your skin really soft!

Oohh body washes that are moisturisers are brill. I have a soap and glory one which makes my skin very soft, it is :love:
Reply 17
I use Vaseline Intensive Care and haven't found it to be greasy at all. I do have really dry skin though, and it really helps with that.
Reply 18
I just use baby lotion for moisturising after a shower. It's inexpensive (especially a shops own brand instead of johnsons, they're all more or less the same stuff), moisturises well enough, isn't sticky or greasy, and doesn't irritate my skin or give me spots on my chest or back, and I use it as make up remover. I like that it doesn't smell of much, if I used scented stuff regularly it would piss me off. For dry spots like knees or if i just feel like getting slippery I use baby oil now and again.
I've been using St Ives Whipped Silk body lotion and would definately reccomend it. It sinks in almost instantly and makes my skin so soft

Quick Reply

Latest